View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003   #46
Peaches
Members
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Quote:
Originally posted by confucy@Oct 6 2003, 06:47 PM
Let me ask you, peaches, since this matter seems to be of interest to you. What would you do if you took pictures of a friend, and you posted them on your website, and somebody comes along and uses those pictures for his own pleasure on the internet. Not only does the person steal your pictures, but he is saying that the pictures are of his wife, and you know the pictures are those you took of your friend. The person who stole your pictures is also harassing his wife with these pictures. Dear Peaches, would you do something about it, or would you turn your back and allow a stranger to use your pictures without your permission?

I think we know the answer, don't we Peaches!
If I have pictures on my site that I don't want others to have access to via my site, then I protect them with .htaccess.

If I leave them "open" then obviously there's no reason for me to complain if they post a link to MY SITE regarding the pictures.

If someone downloads my pictures and posts them on another site, then I would pursue it.

I've yet to see any evidence of Gonzo "stealing" any pictures and Nick and I have both asked you where YOU saw this (which you obviously have - certainly you wouldn't be accusing someone of doing something illegal on a public message board unless you had proof - right?).

I answered your questions - are you ever going to answer mine?