Old 03-06-2012   #10
spazlabz
Payserve SUX

Default Re: IMC President launches new anti-piracy union

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
Be that as it may.

This, right here:

Is quite insulting to those who are actually fighting the good fight, and it is pure bullshit.

I know people in the business of getting shit down and they go to great lengths to get sites shut down. Some of them take the whole effort quite personally. They want the pirate gone, believe me.

So, why aren't pirates destroyed through these people's efforts? Because every time you take one down, 3 new ones pop up.

How come Aids still exists? I mean doctors have been fighting that one for thirty years now. So does that mean that doctors have no interest in curing Aids, just because it still exists?

I cannot speak for all of the removal type companies out there and I will not name company names because that would not be prudent but I am tight with a couple of them and have seen the effort that they have made and I have seen the results. To imply that because they make their living fighting piracy somehow means they want pirates to stay and proliferate is downright insulting and quite disenguous coming from someone starting a "foundation" that will require a monetary contribution to join (and stay in):

Yeah, they're doing it to be altruistic and there won't be making a profit at all, uh huh. I see it every day on the adult boards, all the generous fucking people that never have an ulterior motive. What are they going to do when the pirates are gone? They are basing a biz on the same thing, so what makes them different?

Reminds me of Lee Noga wanting to be the fucking gatekeeper.

Oh, I almost forgot. Hi Spaz
Hi Sar!

Yes there are definitely going to be disagreements on a lot of aspects of what the ACIUF is going to be doing, their motivations and if this is a for profit endeavor or not. I would say the fees that are being charged is nothing compared to what our company is investing. The only profits we are looking to make are the ones from the increase in sales that should follow when shutting down the illegal tubes and torrents. This will not just benefit us but we believe it will benefit the industry as a whole. From content producers, sponsor programs to affiliates.

It won't happen over night and it won't be easy but our commitment to the process is firm. Mr Kuppens is welcome to express his opinions on how he feels about content removal companies and you are of course welcomed to disagree with him. What is not really open to debate is that something needs to be done and pursued with gusto... that is the intent of the ACIUF and something he and our entire organization stand behind.

It is absolutely fair to criticize the minutia of this but I sincerely hope you support the end goals of it as well. It is the big picture that matters here in my humble opinion
spazlabz is offline   Reply With Quote