View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008   #15
softball
Members
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Default Re: Max Hardcore Trial Outtake - "You Look Better with Puke on Your Face"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
It's bothersome that they're not showing the entire dvd, since part of the test is to judge the work IN ITS ENTIRETY. Jurors will either get bored of it . . . or get turned on. I wonder how that (getting aroused) would impact the average conservative juror's final judgement? Would their own arousal bother them so much that they'd judge it MORE harshly or would they realize even "normal" people can get aroused by extreme roleplays without it being harmful?

I'm not betting any money on the outcome. His shit is definitely obscene, I just think it's retarded to have laws against it.
Tasty and I agree. Nothing illegal or offensive about obscene. However, where we part company is extreme violence. I wish I could believe that role playing is harmless, but where I live there is a gang war going on and I believe it is fueled by violent images and situations portrayed as "normal".
Around here, another crack shack murder, or targeted killing is daily news. Maybe I am just old and fucked, or maybe it is the wisdom of age, but I really do believe that life imitates art and we all have to keep that in mind in our business. It is our kids that will inherit what we have helped to create.
softball is offline   Reply With Quote