View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008   #331
Mediaguy
Washing Bishop's Dogs

Default Re: Do you want Gonzo to post your real name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moetheman View Post
Key concept: THE SAME . . . therefore, as I have stated, all that would need to be done is to trace back through the entire sequence, one hop at a time, sniffing the packets to get that hop's sender MAC address, until one arrives at the originating devices.

Just to break it down for you more, MORON, here is
(since I can tell you can't read properly, or you would have seen it, it has been there all along HAHAHAHAHA)
a post in the first thread where this came up:

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showp...&postcount=121

which has THIS LINK:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2001...SD_Basics.html

which is not a bad piece at all . . . I prefer textbooks myself, but that it right . . . .

Last paragraph on page 1 (yes, at the bottom, there ya GO, champ) has a bit of info you might be interested in reading . . .

Ok, now go on and say that both the author of the textbook and the author of the article are wrong . . . go on . . . you fucking drooling mongoloid imbecile . . . hard to believe you have the nerve to keep going, to keep making an ass out of yourself, in spite of having facts in your face . . . a good, persistent liar AND parasite . . .
Moe, they're right of course - since if you read the WHOLE page is describing an experiment within a "home network" demonstrating how to capture your packets within a LAN:

"In my home network, I have a computer named "genisis" with an IP address of 10.0.0.1; it is connected using an Ethernet topology to a computer named "biko" whose IP address is 10.0.0.2."

Note the IP addresses. Check his IP Packet. The entry for IP is "biko" from "ginisis" - or local subnet, which means of course you'll see the last sending device's MAC address. You'll see this whether you're reading the last hop from a router or a compute-to-computer transimission in your LAN.

So they're right, because they're talking about a local network.

YOU are not. You think this is about WAN-side transmission of TCP/IP packets but it is STILL about LANs and subnets.

Did you think I was going to read just the last paragraph out of context and think that everything else available on the matter was wrong?

There's too much thinking of that sort here. You should really yank back on the throttle a little before you start calling people morons and imbeciles. The more of that you do, especially when you're wrong, the more you become those.

oh and ps.: sniffing backwards you will not get the same route, and even if you did your device routing tables contain more than one send destination; these nodes don't remember where they sent what packet or when they sent them; that is simply too much useless data to process.

By Webmasters For Webmasters

Send In Your PR: pr@payoutmag.com

Last edited by Mediaguy; 03-20-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Mediaguy is offline   Reply With Quote