View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007   #56
Hell Puppy
Fat Fucking Nobody
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Default Re: 50 Most Influencial People in Online Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
I agree Joe, that Bob is certainly an influential force in our industry and has helped a lot of people and I personally owe a lot to Bob. Whether he's one of the 50 most influential people is what I think Gonzo was questioning.
Helping people is all well and good. Does that make someone influential on an industry level? I'd say no, many of the best affiliate reps out there help dozens of people every day.

Now candidly, back in the day, is there any innovation we credit to YnotBob? He basically picked up where Dokk left off in many cases. Dokk stuck with Ron, Bob landed with Ynot after the whole exodus followed by Rick selling to Andy Edmonds and then that falling apart. YnotRadio came along following Albumside when radio was all the rage.

How many people listen to ANY radio show now? What's a big crowd these days? 10? 15?

And Ynot itself? Well, that's one of, if not THE, original adult board brand, did it's numbers go up or down on Bob's watch? I have no true visibility to that, I only know what I observe from the outside.

Anytime you take someone who is a "business owner" of any type in this biz and then you hear they're taking something like a "marketing" or "affiliate rep" or similar low level position with another program, it's pretty obvious what is happening. Business owners dont do that just because they're bored. You do it because you've suddenly become a squirrel trying to find your nut.

All tha tsaid, I have nothing against Bob, dont really know him. That's the bad part of a thread like this....you probably inadvertently step on some toes.
Hell Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote