View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005   #58
MorganGrayson
None
$100 for every ImLive sign-up

Default Re: Morals and this industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena

I'd like to be thought of as kind and nice and those things.
I wanted the name "Morgan Grayson," which isn't my own, to be associated with being "kind and nice," too.

Unfortunately, it was a "nice kind of idiot" that evolved.

"Certain people" (who are currently doing "The Highlander") attempted to explain to me that "nice" meant "weak" in this world. Well, they were right. Very, very right.

Back in the day, I owned a pretty little link site...and I never one time asked the owner of a successful link site how to run the damned thing to make MONEY. It wasn't that I didn't know any. I knew a ton of them. First real name basis and everything. I got a few tidbits of advice, but nothing like what I would have gotten if I'd overcome my "you don't take advantage of friends by asking them questions" bullshit and drained their brains.

I'm currently building another linksite and have the owner of a very successful, money making linksite on speed dial. Am I using him? Sure. Is he using me right back? Of course. What's he getting? I'm funny and fun to yack at and I break up his day. And, by teaching me, he learns, too. It's a nice symbiotic relationship. (The guy is an absolute doll and makes me long for my phone sex days, frankly.)

Back in the day I got invaluable advice on many things that I didn't follow. I can list "reasons," and "excuses" but it all boils down to one word. "Failure."
MorganGrayson is offline   Reply With Quote