View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005   #145
sarettah
Stay Out Of The Box
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Default Re: Spirituality, Religion, it's all bullshit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin
You stated beliefs.
You can neither disprove the presence of a spirit or soul anymore than I can prove it. It boils down to what we as individuals, choose to believe or disbelieve.
When someone in a laboratory setting can prove spirit or soul it will stop being bullshit, until then, all empirical evidence ppoints to the non existence of such, so it is bullshit.

As far as beliefs go. each person always has their own beliefs, often going in direct contradiction to established fact.

My daughter believes (for some reason) that if she ignores her credit card bills that they will somehow go away and not haunt her (lol...she even told me on one "oh, they'll just write it off"..I had to explain to her the implications of that)

Often people believe in God and spirits, etc because of personal proof (more often they believe it because the same person who told them about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny told them to believe it). That personal proof is often a "one time occurence" so it cannot be proven in any manner but the person will believe it wholeheartedly because they witnessed it and that is all the proof they need.

Facts just are.

Free Adult Webcams
sarettah is offline   Reply With Quote