View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005   #10
Red
Dreaming of a Cowboy Hat like Max Hardcore

Default Re: Spirituality, Religion, it's all bullshit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGuile

That's scientific like Im a 40 year-old MILF.

Oh man, you probably got "signed up" in a few cults eh?
I'm not saying it's a proven scientific theory, I'm just saying it makes sense.
I've had a few experiences that lead me to believe that there is something more and that we each go through many incarnations.

The reason I believe that our "essence", if you will, travels with you is this.
When I was 19, I was in the hospital with a blood clot in my leg. At one point, I had fallen into the deepest sleep I had ever experienced and felt myself floating above my body. (before this occured, I had absolutely no belief in astral projection) I saw the doctor come into my room and have a conversation with my mother. She was telling him that my breathing didn't look right. I remember fighting, trying to wake up. When I finally did, I repeated the entire conversation my mother and the doctor had, told them exactly what they had been doing while talking. They sent me down for a lung scan and found the blood clot had moved to my lungs and I was very close to death. Most people who have been with a loved one when they die say that they can feel the spirit leave the body.

Also when I was in my 20's I was a participant in a study at the University of Pennsylvania dealing with hypnosis and past lives. I discovered 2 previous lives. At the time I still wasn't sure how much of it to believe, but around that time my mother had been at a friends house who also happened to have another friend there who is a psychic. She was not there as a "psychic" she was simply there because she was a friend of my mother's friend. Anyway, she was talking to mom and asked to hold her wedding ring. She got very few impressions of my mother, but a ton of impressions about me. She told my mother I was a very old soul and told her about my past lives. She described exactly what I had experienced. I had never met this woman, nor had I told my mother about the hypnosis.

So go ahead and call me crazy, but I have my reasons.