View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005   #44
MorganGrayson
None
$100 for every ImLive sign-up

Default Re: Spirituality, Religion, it's all bullshit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnforcer
I don't doubt that having kids is a wonderful thing and heard kids alter your view on life. If I ever get remarried and have kids you never know, maybe I'll find out.
TE...you will be astounded at how much having kids alters your views on life. It does that to everyone. You go from thinking about life from your own perspective to having every action, every decision measured against "how will this effect my children?" It's wonderful, frightening as hell and exhausting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnforcer
Isn't that saying the same thing? Being "shit" is a bad thing and you say it MUST be shit so one can only assume you mean that it sucks not believeing in an afterlife which would mean it would bother a person.
When a person who *does* believe in an afterlife attempts to get his/her head around *not* believing in one, they do feel it sucks. They're projecting their own feelings, as it isn't possible for them to grasp what the other person feels. It's one of the ultimate "apples and oranges" situations. Doesn't make one right and the other wrong, it just makes it difficult for the two to understand what the other one feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah
I have not said what anyone should or should not believe in. You have the "right" to believe whatever you want to.

That doesn't mean it's ok

Quit that, scrumptious!
MorganGrayson is offline   Reply With Quote