View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005   #9
Lord Aga
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruin@Jan 31 2005, 12:01 PM
"He stole about 400,000 hits a day from us and our clients which equates to alot fo money in lost revenue and it caused secondary problems as well, we will never repcoup from him what he fucked us for but again we will have the pleasure of a judgement and the bbest reward from that case is when we hand the evidence over to FBI and he winds up in jail for rest of his life.

If you guys new how much sextracker had stolen from you, im sure most of the adult internet companies would be filing suit against him also." -Meat on ST and Shawn Boday

You don't know the half of it.

I seriously doubt that they were "stealing" 400,000 hits from you/yours per day. What Shawn and his crew are doing is much, much worse. They are taking the few hits that DO convert by means of inserting their own affiliate id's as well as redirecting join pages to their own MoneyTree program. This practice is detrimental to the entire industry. Affiliate programs (some are/were actually moneytree clients) are damaged when conversions drop and webmasters move to another program. Webmasters suffer damages in more direct ways, their joins are stolen from them.
We woke up one morning to a 30% drop in traffic and revenue.. at the time we were handling all of a MAJOR players non US traffic. millions of hits per day. They basically redirected all hits that were meant for our domain.. to the moneytree dialer.

I bought a new pc.. infected it with thier shit and videod the evidence.. we even flew our Lawyer over the Atlantic to England to help out.

Everyone says that there was no way that they could make a 30% dent in revenue.. but most of our revenue came from UK traffic.. and they had been installing spyware on UK surfers for years.. I would imagine they have infected a huge amount of UK pcs..
Lord Aga is offline   Reply With Quote