View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005   #85
Ruin
Members

I was going to go into great detail, but I'm lazy and would really rather not do all the typing. It would be boring anyways. So I'll just kick down the facts about FCI, Avenue Media, etc...

1. FCI entered into a distribution agreement with Bama, they were to provide Bama with 1 million installs. Shawn read between the lines and noted, "the agreement does not specify where these installs are to come from!" Long story short, Bama got 1 million installs, from China and Korea.

2. While partnered with Bama, FCI had access to the admin to Bama's software. This was used by Shawn to gain valuable insight into the adware business. This access was also used to steal Richards intellectual property. When Bama declined our offer to provide additional services in consideration for a larger stake, we simply started developing our own software. Developers were given access to Bama's admin interface.

3. It was decided that this new business should be based offshore, work commenced on forming Avenue Media. Jim Finnell (CFO and one third of the FCI corporate triumverate) was pushed out at this time by Bob Kim over personal differences as well as Jim's desire to own more of Avenue than Bob, Shawn, and Ross were willing to give up.

More to come...
Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote