Thread: TGP Owners....
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004   #27
Weg Cory

Quote:
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jul 27 2004, 03:19 PM
Cory,

no worries man.

Help us out with the Oprano TGP thing will ya?
To be honest, I have always interpretted Oprano to be very anti-tgp, so I do not usually offer any insight for that reason. Mike can likely vouch for the fact that I do not really fight that much, I just make long winded post. Another reason is that I am truly a product of my ability to work with others: translation, I get a lot of help from others that are succesful.

Our network is rising daily. I have no intention of attempting to live solely off of hosted galleries, although the money is nice.

I really believe it is all about business philosophy and watching the trends. We have several models to study in this industry, none of which have suffered fatalities from legal ramifications (exluding independent programs), but many have suffered losses based on consumer adaptations.

Now, a new trend presents itself, less a program and more a model. You can mull over the idea that TGP killed / will kill the affiliate / paysite program, just as much as you want, and maybe we could get the legacy AVS guys in here to complain about the guys who put hardcore tours up and sucked them dry, and we could have a party.

I will pitch in where I can on the TGP deal, but I assure you, I still have a tremendous amount to learn from all of you. I can say however, if anyone believes that tgps do not make money, they are very mistaken. Revise it to this: most TGPs do not make money, and I would say that is accurate.

But I am no expert. Not even close.

I am off to the Sandwhich shop.