View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004   #89
JR
Members
The global leader in pay-per-view AEBN

Quote:
Originally posted by Vick@Jul 5 2004, 05:39 PM

and the $ you're talking abut being made today doesn't compare what what was made in 1997-2001 - you know it and I know it

-----------------

Truth be told, TGP'S and paysite no longer work together, TGP'S are the actual enemy of the Paysite - more so that P2P networks and Newsgroups

KK said:
"I know a couple of guys from Victoria that have been the top resellers for both Maxcash and ARS, using purchased Hun spots"

sounds like TGP's and paysites work pretty well together to me.

Sykk is doing 1:200 with hun traffic and non-nude sites. Sounds pretty 97'ish to me. In fact MANY people do quite well with TGP traffic while others say right now, today that it is a complete waste of time. Many people do quite well listing the same thing in the same TGP that others claim is a waste of time.

I don't share your optimism that TGP's will go away. I don't think they will. I am also VERY comfortable with the fact that I can reach out with a few paid link spots or banners and reach a few million people looking for what I have to sell. It's my job to always be good at closing the deal and to stay ahead of the curve.

Where are you going to get your traffic when TGP's go away? Everyone is going to do whatever works best and any shift will happen with the industry as a whole. If the new hot thing is creating yahoo groups... in a matter of weeks there will be too many Yahoo groups to make it worth while. Whatever happens in the future and with whatever changes may come, the basic problems will ALWAYS remain the same...
That is that some will adjust, adapt, overcome and effectively compete as people are today with making money with TGP's and many will just quietly fade away complaining that someone, or something else is the problem and the reason for thier failure. It is always your choice as to which of those people you will become.

Quote:
Truth be told, TGP'S and paysite no longer work together, TGP'S are the actual enemy of the Paysite - more so that P2P networks and Newsgroups
They are working quite well for a lot of people. Sykk is a good example. There are countless others.

KK said "I know a couple of guys from Victoria that have been the top resellers for both Maxcash and ARS, using purchased Hun spots"

sounds like TGP's and paysites work pretty well together still.