View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004   #48
Rolo
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by the Shemp@Jul 4 2004, 03:12 PM
its all competition isnt it, free enterprise at its best...
Yes, it will be, and I think paysites who start up TGPs will use the "if you canīt join them, then beat them" motivation, and with the amount of hosted galleries being produced by paysites, then I do not think its an impossible task.

I think there is a good amount of surfers, which by nature/situation are freeloaders, because of their age, income/matrial status, country etc. Sure they will end up seaching for free everything, and will never buy anything from the internet - let it adult memberships, dvds, pills etc.
However a good % of surfers are still able, and willing to pay for products - these are the people we want, they are consumers, so why build systems which cater to the lowest form of surfers - the freeloaders? Why not build system, which cater to the consumer instinct, variety of products, experiences etc.?

Freeloaders already have P2P systems like Kazaa etc. however consumers will not use hours on P2P to find their adult entertaiment, just to save $10-$30/month, they got jobs, families etc. to spend their time on, so if they only had the choice between P2P or paysite, then most of them would choose paysites...

Why make a TGP with focus on freeloaders, when TGPs make their money from consumers... is it better to have focus on this group? Sure on a counter a freeloader and a consumer count equal, however its the consumer who buys the subscription, the dvds, the pills, and this is the only thing which matters in the long run.