View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004   #29
Rolo
Members

I think that hidden autodownloaders are not good for the adult industry image, and I also think that TGPs debating about what takes place at a site/counter they are linking too is their right, and that they have the right to remove the site/counter from their TGPs - they set their own rules.

However I think the ironic part is the complaining, about what is good/bad from a TGPs point of view... Sure TGPs build their traffic from bookmarks to their sites, and to get a bookmark you need to have a site, which the surfer would like to visit again. TGPs do this by adding new content daily, and thats also ok, but the ironic part comes when TGPs tries to look at everything from a surfers/bookmark point of view - they need to modify this a bit, and look what will be good for:

- TGP, who wants bookmarks
- Surfer, who wants content
- Paysite, who wants business

Its like a symbiosis, where they only can survive and prosper, if they all have room to breath.

Until recently TGPs, had no direct interest in seeing this symbiosis surviving (prehaps some were not aware that it exist), however with gallery spots and hosted galleries, then more TGPs start to see the importance of the symbiosis. What is important once TGPs sees that boomarks, content and business are all tied together, is that they stop looking at the surfer as a "victim" who needs to be nursed and paysites as evildoers, but instead look at him as a "consumer" who needs to be optimized for profit and paysites as partners.