View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004   #40
CuriousToyBoy
Members

Seriously though.

I discovered VERY early on in my posting lifetime here (I had lurked for ages before, but I lurked everywhere for ages before) that you will get tested VERY quickly.

I would imagine that many when asked to put up, shut up. And then vote with their feet and make up little stories about how "stuck up" and "cliquey" Oprano is.

I ask myself everyday why I just didn't just shut up, especially when I see from a post reply from CJ in one of my threads !!!

He eh eh. J/k Carla

I agree with Serge - there is not a culture here for tolerating bullshit, and even moreso, you are QUESTIONED and then at LENGTH. There are a couple of other good boards who just ignore stuff... that does NOT happen here.

With the amount of crap and crap people in this biz (many of who I unfortunately know personally!!) is it any wonder people don't want to be put to the test and generally shown up for what they are?

Oprano is my favorite board - smart AND savvy people, plenty to say, always willing to question, poke and prod, but also always willing to find a fair argument and put their hands up if they were off the mark.

In my mind, it is almost a badge of honor to be a regular poster here (read for that poster of THREADS) because you are constantly open to the scrutiny of the crowd on this board. And boy-o-boy, anyone who has read some of the threads I have been in here in the past 2-3 months would KNOW that the scrutiny is VERY pointed and VERY specific.

That is way cool.

I HATE bullshit, and DESPISE liars (there's that hate diet of mine again Serge!!) - That's why it is a pleasure to spend my time here.

Last edited by CuriousToyBoy at Jun 22 2004, 01:48 AM
CuriousToyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote