View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004   #8
Mike AI
Administrator
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Since Oprano was launched people have told me they are intimidated to post. I find it pretty interesting, to me G FY seems to be a more intimidating place to post - no matter what you post there, SOMEONE will flame you. ( of course its probably some 16 yeard old kid in him mom's basement)

I do not think Opranuts are tough on new posters. It is only when threads are started about "would you hit this?" ( lets face it a majority of people at most boards would be happy to hit anything) and other bullshit posts that people should fear posting.

Even then, there is really nothing to be intimidated about - so someone flames another person a little, get over it. Serge's style with newbs has always been to be tough on them, those who over come and get past Serge normally end up donig pretty well in the industry.

Reminds me of a professor I had in law school my first semester. He would purposely grill students and try to intimidate them. His point was if you were intimidated by a professor and could not handle yourself, you would never be able to handle a tough judge. This professor was actually responsible for a few students every semester dropping out.

After the first semester, once you made it past his class - he was the coolest, nicest guy you would want to meet.

Bottom line is, as the song goes, if you Can make it Oprano, you can make it anywhere!

Make big money on your Domains! Why wait 40 days to get paid with the other guys? Parked.com pays the most for your traffic, and cuts checks twice a month!
Mike AI is offline   Reply With Quote