View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003   #8
KRL
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by *KK*@Dec 3 2003, 01:18 PM
No issues Kev, I just wanted to make sure that it's clear this is the real deal.

The first year I did this, the family had the mother in the hospital with cancer, the father on disability and working two full time minimum wage jobs to try and pay the mortgage, one son home early from the army to try and help out and a small kid with no hope of Christmas. We took them a tree, presents for the child, etc, and saw it first hand. I've since seen 2 other families up close as well, and have been pleasantly surprised to see that these families aren't looking for a handout, they are just in a bad spot.
I hear you and I'm sure this is a good one since you're involved with it.

I can't tell you how heart broken I was when I saw the children's program I was supporting for a number of years in the newspaper with all its fraud exposed. It really pissed me off because the letters were even written like a child and to think that the whole thing was a total scam just blew me away and made me really distrusting.

Quick Buck "Value and buy domains not for what they did yesterday or today, but rather for what they can be built to do in the future."
KRL is offline   Reply With Quote