View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003   #78
Peaches
Members
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Quote:
Originally posted by [Labret]@Dec 2 2003, 11:01 AM
Your post is answered above.
If you think for one minute that "facts" aren't created in academia, you're kidding yourself. My brother just left his post doctorate "position" (I put that in quotes because it only paid $35K a year and HE was responsible for the almost 100 hours he put into filling out the paperwork for his grant request which paid that $35K) at Duke in genetics because of what he saw once he reached the "lofty levels". And he was dealing with MEDICAL studies which were fudged. If you think the same can't be done by a teacher dealing with prison populations, you truly aren't as smart as you think you are. Again, I would never trust ONE PERSON as a source for any information.

BTW, no, I don't have a college degree (went two years but then got married and became a housewife) but I'm the ONLY one in my family for 4 generations who doesn't have a degree and most have masters and/or PhD's. I've been around "educated" people all my life and I can assure you, there's a lot to be said for plain common sense and not everyone who's formally educated, has it.