View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003   #211
Diamond Jim
Members

Not many US citizens would like to see the Constitution get trampled on. However, if taking a piss on the original document stops this guy from somehow causing a dirty bomb to go off in Times Square, I'm all for it....

Paranoia works both ways. For you people that are so afraid the govt is "lying" about why they are keeping him, how about being paranoid that if he has contact with the outside world he can set into motion a chain of events that cause a dirty bomb to go off? Maybe he has a secret cell just waiting for his command! Booga booga booga!

A country has a right to protect itself from attack, just like a person. In some cases, the threat may be extreme enough to deny due process. If someone is aiming a gun at you and you are reasonably certain he's going to fire.....do you shoot him first or worry about his "rights"? I agree with KC. They should have just shot him.

Let's make it personal....

The govt discovers Padilla is plotting to kill Carrie and her family with a bomb. They show Carrie some evidence of what he was planning, but there is no trial by jury so his peers can decide if Carries' life is REALLY in danger. How concerned is Carrie going to be if the govt holds this guy FOREVER without due process?

My bet = ZERO

If Carrie REALLY cares and is going to insist the guy who was plotting to kill her and her family be given a fair trial so that MAYBE he can get out or have someone else do his work for him....she's a better citizen than me!
I'd say "Thanks, Mr. Bush! Any other people you find plotting to kill me....lock those fuckers up forever, too! Or better yet....shoot them in the head...."

It's easy to wax philosophical in abstract. If this guy was caught planning to kill YOUR kids, I'm betting the music changes....
Do you have money sitting in the bank making nothing? I will give you 15% annual returns GUARANTEED by contract. Your money is returned within 90-120 days. 100k minimum investment - All slots currently filled - check back later
Diamond Jim is offline   Reply With Quote