Old 11-26-2003   #37
Winetalk.com
Prostate Examiner
I quoff fine wine at corkd.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletch XXX@Nov 26 2003, 02:45 PM
Did a quick Google look up

'
Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin (1799-1837)
Pushkin materials are blossoming across the Web. The Pushkin Museum in Moscow (Arbat) has a gorgeous display of memorabilia of Pushkin and his times on display. Stephany Gould maintains the major award-winning Pushkin website with a hyperbiography, photographs, textual materials, and Pushkin humor from the University of Wisconsin Slavic Department. Katharena Eiermann has a beautiful personal page which includes a poetry sampler in English. Oregon State University maintains a zipped archive of the skazki, Onegin, Mednyj vsadnik and a few other poems. Here you will find versions of Mednyj vsadnik and Ruslan i Ljudmila for Windows Cyrillic fonts. The narrative poems, skazki plus a few short stories may be found in the Russian section of Evgenii Peskin's Public Electronic Library (KOI8-Russian fonts). You might also be interested in the Pushkin genealogy discussed in the Frontline feature on "The Blurred Ethnic Lines of Famous People".'

Do you know of any dark Russian writers, maybe from the Stalin period or things set to the colder times, but possibly horror or adventure, nothing about war or camps. I am speaking of literature, not History.
during Stalin era, the writers didn't venture into writing for the fear of repressions and MASTERED the art of translation of foreign authors during this time.

but one name defined this and he suffered for it.

Bulgakov, Master i Margarita,
MUST READ!
Winetalk.com is offline   Reply With Quote