View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003   #181
confucy
Members

Peaches, you are so right! The prisons and the telephone companies make millions off the collect calls from prisons. I fought with Pac Bell for years because they overcharged me. It's not the prisoners who pay! It's their friends and loved ones they call collect who foot the bill. A BIT OF TRIVIA: When "M" was incarcerated at Metropolitan Detention Center (MDA) in downtown Los Angeles, prisoners signed up for phone time each day. "M" was so compulsive and so crazy about telephones, he bought the phone time of other prisoners. The prison doesn't approve of such actions, but "M" managed to get away with it. When he was finally moved to Lompoc Prison (federal), he could no longer make collect calls. He had to give a list of names to the prison authorities of those he would be calling. The prison checked out every name on his list. I was approved. Finally, my collect phone call days were over! "M" had to use his own money given to him by me, his grandmother, his supporters, and anyone else who was stupid enough to contribute to his Defense Fund.

The phone companies are like Acacia - ripoff artists!
confucy is offline   Reply With Quote