View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003   #149
confucy
Members

CJ, I have always thought I was just a normal person until I started visiting the boards. If and when I call you a bitch, it is said in a joking fashion. We are all bitches at times, and probably with good reason. The guys don't have a patent on anger and BS.

Peaches is a peach, but that doesn't stop her from expressing her opinions, but she does so in a friendly way.

The term "ham" is a silly way of referring to an amateur radio operator. You take an exam and you become a ham. The word really does seem appropriate when you meet the *typical* radio operator. Most are middle-aged men who are overweight. Most in the Los Angeles area are into computers as well as radio scanners and radios. I speak to people in Australia on my radio. Many hackers started out hacking the phones in order to make free calls like Apple's Steve Wozniak and Steven Jobs. They were also interested in amateur radio.

Even Gary Kremen has a ham radio license. Marlon Brando uses a phony name, but he is a ham along with radio personality, Art Bell. I have spoken to Art Bell in the early morning hours.
confucy is offline   Reply With Quote