View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003   #136
confucy
Members

Since this thread is zigging and zagging its way to the end, I will just tag on a couple of final comments.

Lee, I hope Hammer is on his computer so he will read about the latest curveball in the Lee Noga road to Sisterhood. He was very excited that the two of you were going to be sharing a very special day on Oct 5th. I still believe in miracles, and I know this isn't the end. I think you should contact the ArchBishop once again.

Sarettah, I have been waiting for you to announce that another hacker has been arrested, but I don't see it anywhere in your newly listed subjects so I'm going to say a few words about Adrian Lamo. He is only 22. Most of the time he is living on the street. Sometimes he stays with friends, and when he is in the Sacramento area, he sleeps at his parent's home. He attends the hacker conventions and makes a few dollars as a security expert. Unlike Kevin Mitnick, he actually does know how to hack. He has been called a white-hat hacker because he breaks into systems finding major holes, and then he turns around and contacts these corporations and helps them fix the problems. I don't think he charges them. Most are so grateful for his help that they don't have him arrested. He broke into the nytimes, and they seem to be working with the FBI. Mitnick was running from the FBI for a couple of years. He never turned himself in. In fact, one of the investigators who was with the FBI when they arrested Mitnick said that Mitnick was so nervous that he threw up and pissed his pants. That's our Mitnick! Lamo has decided to do the right thing. He has an attorney, and his poor parents are putting their home up as collateral so their hacker son can post bail. We will be hearing a lot about this case. Watch for it on CNN and FOX.

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/6907
confucy is offline   Reply With Quote