View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003   #16
*KK*
Members
Respin bullshit press Your Comments Are Welcomed

Hmmm, the only real party I went to was Hoopers (and I didnt make it to the Topbucks side so I dont know what went on there) at this show, stopped by the GFY boat for a few minutes but it was too humid out for me...

However this show reminded me of another Internext in alot of ways -- the New Orleans show back in 2000... the frantic atmosphere, with all manner of crazy behaviour going on.

I think its a cyclical thing -- when the industry is scared of whats going to happen in the future it seems that people start to get crazy, partying like rock stars, pushing things way over the edge. When its more secure, things are much less wide open.

I remember thinking back in New Orleans, damn, this can't go on this way... then there were all manner of problems coming -- FTC, cc companies, etc - bearing down on the industry like a train with no brakes -- once the dust settled tho, the next year when we had the summer show in Vegas it was way more calm and people weren't anywhere near as crazy in their behaviour.

Some people are just fools in public no matter what, and they definitely give the rest of the industry a very bad public image.
*KK* is offline   Reply With Quote