View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003   #119
JR
Members
The global leader in pay-per-view AEBN

Quote:
Originally posted by homegrownmof@Jun 19 2003, 05:09 PM

Why didn't JoeE go to Colin/JR and Pleasure Labs for live feed girls?
Good question Moffit. let me try to answer that.

Quite honestly, we weren't sure how to valuate the phone number of someone who will most likely never show up for work, live up to their obligations and never be online anyway.

We weren't sure if we wanted to take advantage of someone that may not have really understood how the business really works by taking their money for something we already know has no real upfront value. We weren't sure how to take a flat fee for something that we knew would most likely never happen. We also know that you cant really sell or even valuate a relationship with no history or guarantees.

Further, we worried about what lengths we would have to go to if we were forced to collect that $25-50 finders fee in the event of a contractual default or failure to pay the commission for generating a lead for someone who will never work or who may only work sporadically for a couple weeks before flaking out.

Thats a lot to go through for some beer money.

We also had some questions as to how we should valuate our TOP SECRET methods of placing newspaper ads once a week in local papers, knowing full well that JoeE, though having built one of the most successful businesses in online adult and being one of the best marketers in the business, would have never figured that out without our assistance and extensive consultation on this highly sophisticated and unknown means of attracting potential employees. Further more, we suspected that JoeE could not afford the $30.00 per week for the ads even if we took the time to explain it to him. (i should not have let that secret out of the bag but its for a good cause)

The final thing we were worried about was having to make a major effort to try to trash someones name on the boards, hurt them, their business, their friends, their partners and their name as both revenge for being stiffed for that $25-$50 and as being forced to exploit an incident that no one cares about as a shameless attempt at self promotion at someone elses expense. We certainly did not want to be forced into bringing someones personal life into what we call "promotional liabel".

We also pondered this and wondered if creating such a situation would send the wrong message to people in the business. For example,... lets assume a hypothetical situation... If i had a credibility problem, announced a "next big thing" once a week, yet never followed through with anything, then spent my time talking shit about other people was trying to trash others in the business, was making personal attacks with the intent to hurth them and their business and was really trying to hurt them over $25 - would people see me as someone they would want to do business with?

We decided that the answer is no. But thats just us.

We decided to pursue a different course entirely. Though we see now the errors of our ways as the result of this thread... It seems we erroneously decided to produce. To build. To achieve. We decided to focus on building our own business and on creating something rather than riding on the coat tails of others. We realized that we all have unique talents and experience and make a great team together to exploit those talents. Colin and myself as well as our other two partners spend 18 hrs a day focusing on the future, the future of our company, future plans, future changes, future products and what we want to achieve together. We make big changes constantly and we are working on a couple big projects right now that we are all very excited about.

what fools we were.

Having read this thread and other related threads, i can see where we are wrong. We now see where the big bucks are and where the real potential for achievement lies... and where we should be focusing out time and energy.

JoeE, would you like to buy a phone number?