View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003   #71
Anthony
Banned
The global leader in pay-per-view AEBN

Quote:
Originally posted by gigi@Apr 17 2003, 08:34 AM
What a kewl thread

March 1, '99 for me. I had just quit a job working for the credit bureau as a skip tracer. I was tired of hunting down people to pay their bills...lol.

I was a total chat junkie from '95 'til then. I also had my very own personal geocities site too, made with Netscape Composer. I had no idea there was actual CODE behind the pages I made...hahaha.

I had a 'dancer' friend who asked me to put up a site for her. So, I started researching and after a couple of weeks, realized I could make far more money making my own sites, than a site for her...haha.

I started on a freehost too. Then I finally splurged and bought a few domains and a $25 a month host. I still wasn't making a whole lot of money, but then things turned around when I sold my first domain for $2k. I was estatic!!

I took the money and invested it into more domains, content etc etc. Best thing I ever did.

Worked with snoops for RookieClass for 2 years and then landed my current position with CQ2 and I've never looked back.

As for Serge, I didn't meet him until 2001 I believe. Snoops introduced us at one of the shows.

But my meeting with his beautiful wife ladylaw was pretty memorable for me. I was at a show in Vancouver. I was at the hotel wandering around and saw her sitting at a piano in the corner of a room, playing. I had no idea who she was. I walked over and we started talking and then we played a simple duet together...haha.

Low and behold, she is now Serge's wife.

I look back now and see how much people's lives have changed in the time I've been doing this. From marriages to having babies and even death.

This biz really isn't as big as it may seem.
LOL, I remember you asking me the difference between raws and uniques!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote