View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003   #35
Carrie
Eternal Newbie
Respin bullshit press Your Comments Are Welcomed

Quote:
CJ: Big bad UN isn't looking after poor wittle america and instead its considering the effects on the world?!!?! shit 'eh. wasn't that its purpose? so a country like america can't bully their way into controlling every country of the world? is that why you don't like it mike?
Since when are we bullying anyone?
Isn't the UN there to protect things like humanity?
Isn't the UN supposed to stand up and DO something when Hussein is bombing and gassing his OWN people?
Why isn't the UN doing something about that?
We've had 12 years of useless "please mr hussein" resolutions from the UN and NO action to get this madman out of power.
The UN draws a line in the sand with a shaky hand and apologizing the entire time. When Hussein ignores that line and boldly walks across it, the UN draws another one even further back, again complemented by apologies for having to do so. Hussein ignores it again.
12 times now.

What I want to know is why the OTHER countries in the world - like Australia - aren't standing up and demanding that something be done? Why didn't they do it 6 years ago when Hussein was still bombing and gassing his own people?
And why is it that because America *is* doing this, we're the big awful "bully"?
The UK is right beside us in this... why aren't they also being tagged with the "bully" line?

Quote:
CJ:
The WORST part of these discussions is that you actually manage to convince each other you are being fair and reasonable ... you constantly repeat phrases like 'dont get me wrong i like you personally' in an attempt to make you appear reasonable to each other. Do you think that as long as you say 'i like you' that you can be as ignorant and rude as you like?
No, it's reaffirming that the person is not being attacked, but the ideas that the person is putting forth are being debated.
I like Alex, I think he's a fun guy with a headful of valueable knowledge. I don't agree with many of his political beliefs. There's a difference. Just because I don't agree with his beliefs doesn't mean I MUST hate him, that I have no other choice. That's just childish.