View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003   #49
gigi
on prozac - be gentle

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike AI@Feb 27 2003, 01:37 PM
Please Alex, the UN is history....

They are interfering with OUR National Soverignty. Last I checked the leader of the UN does not take an oath to protect the citizens of the US, he does not take an oath to support and defend the Constitution.

Only BUSH has taken this Oath!

Any American who trusts and relies upon the UN to look after OUR best interst is truly delisional!!

The democrats here in the US are only pushing the UN to try and hurt Bush, to counteract Bush. The democrats know what the UN is all about....

Fuck the UN. We need to withdraw and boot them from NY - they are wasting too much valuable real estate!
I like this thread...and I hate this thread.

Mike, as much as I respect you, I must point out that the 'american ego' is absolutely apparent in this post. (although you DID already say you had a good helping of it...hehe)

The complete lack of acknowledging International Issues/Concerns regarding Iraq is, IMHO, why we see 'anti-American' sentiment.

The UN isn't there to uphold the American constitution or American interest. It's there as a voice for the International World....like 'em or hate 'em. Pretending they don't exist won't change the fact that they are very much a real entity, and deserving of an opinion.

On another note...

The jealous sibling rivalry theory doesn't wash with me. I can't deny that the US is 'the' major power in the world right now...and rightfully so.

HOWEVER, it's more like the 'winning team' is someone like Mike Tyson who doesn't care who he hurts, is self-serving and has a 'fuck you' attitude. You aren't jealous of him, nor do you want to BE him, rather you wish he would change his ways and be more thoughtful and respectful in his dealings, because what he does affects more than just himself.

Colin, with all due respect, if I were Alex, I would also see your question as somewhat 'loaded'. I don't think his apprehension to answer is 'curious', but realistic considering his previous experience....and I don't mean his experiences with YOU per se....just with the overall goings-on in the previous threads.