View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003   #18
RawAlex
Members
$100 for every ImLive sign-up

Quote:
Alex can say "Yes, I hate America and here is the problem with America and fuck you".
Colin, there's the rub: Your basic assumption (personal armor, as it were) is that if I find a problem with america, then I hate ALL of america.

That is the same as saying "I don't like eating liver, so I will be a vegan".

You are assuming that any time someone says something bad (and often very truthful) about America, that they are dissing the whole of america, that they want to kill americans, that america is bad.

VICK SAID:
Quote:
It has been expressed better than I can how tired we are as American's of hearing our country bashed We all saw celebrations in the street by other human beings over the death of Americans on 9/11
This here is the problem - in a discussion of "do I like or hate america" the spectre of people (idiots, IMHO) dancing in the streets after 9/11 is brought up. In a very clear way, it is suggested that if I disagree with a policy of your government (or heck, the color of taxis in New York), that I must be on the other side, and the other side celebrated 9/11, and therefore I am an American bashing moron.

What choices do I have? Koolaid or death? Not very good choices.

Alex
Let's go to the edge of disaster Push the pedal and go a little faster Let's slam into a wall at ramming speed Let's go to the edge of a mountain Jump off and lets start countin' Hit the ground and tell me if it bleeds
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote