View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003   #16
Almighty Colin
Members
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Another example. If I were to say "most women are stupid".

[which is NOT at ALL true FOR THE RECORD and anyone that later suggests this is not an example solely for demonstrating a point is not paying attention. Women ARE incredibly intelligent.]

a woman might feel insulted even if she is the brightest woman on the planet. In one sense, I didn't insult her. In another I did. One should understand that. She very well might feel that way and I should know that. She might respond in a not-so-kind way. I understand that too.

Why do many of us feel differently about a man saying "most women are bitches" than if a woman says "most women are bitches". If a man says "women are stupid" in front of Amanda, I am going to say something about it to them (right after they are separated, of course.)

[Again, so that there are no misunderstandings later. Women are awesome, beautiful, and intelligent].

I am not at all trying to stop anyone from saying anything. I am saying one should not be surprised at the reaction. If I make a sexist comment in front of a woman I expect that they might slug me. If someone makes anti-Canadian comments in front of a group of Canadians, they might expect the same. If someone makes a racist comment to a Native American they might stay the same.

I don't want anyone to be sensitive about anything. I'm not complaining. I'm only defending.

Secret Friends, LATINA Secret Friends , My Cam Friends
Almighty Colin is offline   Reply With Quote