View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003   #19
RawAlex
Members
$100 for every ImLive sign-up

Serge, how about having the each sponsor "sponsor" a topic in rotation? They get their banner / link / whatever it is every 5 posts or something like that.

I think the ineffectiveness of most current banner advertising is the sheer volume of stuff on the page. 10 - 20 items per "top of page" is just too many items for anyone to really focus on and understand. With each one of them scrolling / flashing / trying to tell a story, and each one needing even 5 seconds to digest, you are looking at over a minute of "look time" before people can digest all of the messages.

I don't know about anyone else, but it is a rare day in hell when I spend a minute and a half looking at the top of a page not scrolling...

I would say get the sponsors inline with the discussions, more into the flow, and more "unique" and the value of their promotions will go up.

Alex
Let's go to the edge of disaster Push the pedal and go a little faster Let's slam into a wall at ramming speed Let's go to the edge of a mountain Jump off and lets start countin' Hit the ground and tell me if it bleeds
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote