View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002   #2
Peaches
Members
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Quote:
Originally posted by *KK*@Nov 26 2002, 02:32 PM
Let's hope this link works, I saw it on the news in Vegas of all places...

http://www.whatwouldjesusdrive.org/files/w...wwjdrive_tv.mpg
Here's what floating around the net regarding this:

"It seems the Almighty Himself has quite a collection of vehicles. We can learn from the Bible that God has a Plymouth Fury, a Pontiac Tempest, a Geo Storm and a Dodge Ram. If you doubt me you can dig out a Bible and check for yourself.

Let's begin with the book of Genesis. Right there in Genesis it plainly states that "God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in his Fury".

Psalm 83 further tells us about the Pontiac and the Geo with the words "...pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm".

Looks like God is an aggressive driver, possibly subject to fits of road rage. The followers of Moses are advised not to go up a certain mountain "...until the Ram's horn sounds a long blast".

Speaking of Moses, both he and Joshua seemed to favor vehicles that are made in Britain. The Bible tells us that "...the roar of Moses' Triumph was heard in the hills" and "Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land". Wether these were Triumph motorcycles or Triumph sports cars with faulty mufflers is not entirely clear.

Evidence of Miracles is also provided in this area. What the Bible tells us of the Apostles prefered automobile is the following; "All the Apostles were in one Accord". I don't know how all of them would fit in that little car. Maybe it had been converted into a stretch limo.

Now, the answer to the question "What Would Jesus Drive?" We don't have to look very hard to find the answer. It's right there in the Gospel of St. John. Jesus drove a Honda. It seems He didn't like it very much though, and He didn't like to talk about it. The Gospel of St. John quotes Jesus as saying "I did not speak of my own Accord"."