Oprano Adult Industry Forums

Oprano Adult Industry Forums (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php)
-   Legacy Archived Main Board (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Canadian Hosting Company? (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=41501)

*Genie* 06-17-2005 10:42 AM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Genie and I'm new to this Forum... (Thank you Red for inviting me over!) How was your trip? I hope everything is going well...

My Question is: Does anyone know of a reliable and affordable Canadian Hosting company ~ with dedicated servers? I'm looking for a fair amount of bandwidth. I have been in contact with about 5 or 6 companies, and bandwidth seems to be the hard part. So I'm still looking.

I would really appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance. :-)

Bye for now,
Love Genie xoxo

DrGuile 06-17-2005 10:46 AM

Im shopping too right now... For what most would consider big amounts of bandwith.

Im looking for something in Montreal.

Trev 06-17-2005 10:51 AM

Welcome to Oprano *Genie* :)

Is it an absolute must that the host is in Canada?

As I know of two excellent hosts, one in Texas and the other in Panama :)

Red 06-17-2005 10:58 AM

Hi Genie, glad you could make it. :bwave:

I'm sure someone here will give you a good recommendation.

Red 06-17-2005 10:59 AM

Oh and before you guys start asking, the avatar is Genie. :)

gonzo 06-17-2005 11:30 AM

can I rub her lamp?

Defiant 06-17-2005 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gonzo@Jun 17 2005, 07:31 AM
can I rub her lamp?
I don't believe it is her lamp that she would most like to have rubbed, Gonzo :D

TheEnforcer 06-17-2005 11:43 AM

Any particular reason it has to be Canadian? The host in my sig is a darn good one and happens to advertise here as well. :)

Defiant 06-17-2005 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jun 17 2005, 07:44 AM
Any particular reason it has to be Canadian? The host in my sig is a darn good one and happens to advertise here as well. :)
She is offline right now doing some other things, but she is moving to Canada in the next week or so and just really wants to get her hosting done outside of the US due to 2257.

DrGuile 06-17-2005 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant+Jun 17 2005, 11:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Defiant @ Jun 17 2005, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Jun 17 2005, 07:44 AM
She is offline right now doing some other things, but she is moving to Canada in the next week or so and just really wants to get her hosting done outside of the US due to 2257. [/b][/quote]
2257 and any/all forthcoming legal issues...

Enjoy your police state ;)

TheEnforcer 06-17-2005 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant+Jun 17 2005, 11:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Defiant @ Jun 17 2005, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Jun 17 2005, 07:44 AM
She is offline right now doing some other things, but she is moving to Canada in the next week or so and just really wants to get her hosting done outside of the US due to 2257. [/b][/quote]
Fair enough. Hope she finds a good one. :)

Steady 06-17-2005 12:45 PM

Hi, Genie... :bwave:

If you change your mind we would be happy to assist you. We can custom

build a plan to suit your needs.

Best of Luck! and Welcome :)

Trev 06-17-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant+Jun 17 2005, 05:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Defiant @ Jun 17 2005, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Jun 17 2005, 07:44 AM
Then I have to recommend Silicon Canal, excellent hosts and based in Panama!

Defiant 06-17-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrGuile+Jun 17 2005, 08:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Jun 17 2005, 08:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant@Jun 17 2005, 11:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer
Quote:

@Jun 17 2005, 07:44 AM

She is offline right now doing some other things, but she is moving to Canada in the next week or so and just really wants to get her hosting done outside of the US due to 2257.

2257 and any/all forthcoming legal issues...

Enjoy your police state ;) [/b][/quote]
Remember when America was the home of freedom and liberty? I miss MY America. I loath GW's Amerika

Defiant 06-17-2005 12:53 PM

I forgot to post a couple of video trailers of Genie that I did for her a while ago. Check these out (and let me know if you need any video work done, yourselves) and see how hot she REALLY is!

Trailer 01
Trailer 02

Bhelliom 06-17-2005 01:04 PM

yep... hot...

can i have your phone number.... for um..... 2257 compliance issues... yeah that's it....

welcome to the board and hope you enjoy canada..."the good part of north america"

quote by Derek

Trev 06-17-2005 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant@Jun 17 2005, 05:54 PM
Trailer 01
Trailer 02

Very very nice indeed :okthumb:

Have I said welcome to Oprano *Genie* :inlove:

:yowsa:

Steady 06-17-2005 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant@Jun 17 2005, 08:54 AM
I forgot to post a couple of video trailers of Genie that I did for her a while ago. Check these out (and let me know if you need any video work done, yourselves) and see how hot she REALLY is!

Trailer 01
Trailer 02

WOW!!
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

gonzo 06-17-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant+Jun 17 2005, 10:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Defiant @ Jun 17 2005, 10:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Jun 17 2005, 07:31 AM
can I rub her lamp?
I don't believe it is her lamp that she would most like to have rubbed, Gonzo :D [/b][/quote]
Ill rub hers if she will rub mine!

gonzo 06-17-2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

Sorry Joe but.....

After an extensive talk with all 3 of the first amendment lawyers this week they all agree unless you are moving out of the US.... never to return. Offshore hosting to avoid the 2257 issues is worthless.

Be prepared to enjoy your stay outside of the US if you think that will save you.

There was also a question of how the current regs are written and such that even doing THAT may not be enough for you.

I have a nice brief that Eric Bernstien wrote that I will see if he minds that I repost or find a link to in regards to 2257.

*Genie* 06-17-2005 02:00 PM

Hello, hello!!

Thank you for the warm welcome... and all this Lamp Rubbing is getting me very excited! *giggles*

Yes, my husband and I are moving to BC Canada next week. I'm Canadian, and having my web sites based there will be easier. Just to be clear... We aren't moving to Canada because of 2257 -- We are moving to BC to be closer to my family and because I really don't like California's fast paced, high priced, stressed out living. Where we are moving to is incredibly beautiful and peaceful area... and much more affordable too. :-)

As for changing my Hosting company -- I don't know what is going to happen with regards to the stricter 2257 record keeping policies, but I really don't want to have to worry about my personal info being broadcasted on the net. If my business is in Canada 'and' my Hosting Company is in Canada... then I won't have to concern myself with my privacy being violated. I'm pretty sure that the 2257 will be challenged, but I would rather do this now... just in case things do get ugly.

So any Canadian Hosting suggestions would be greatly appreciated... it doesn't matter which province. I'll let you guys know who I pick - in case anyone else needs a good Canadian Host. Bye for now. Thanks a bunch.

Love Genie xoxo

Trev 06-17-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by *Genie*@Jun 17 2005, 07:01 PM
Yes, my husband and I
:( :cryin:

Bhelliom 06-17-2005 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Trev+Jun 17 2005, 10:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Jun 17 2005, 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*Genie*@Jun 17 2005, 07:01 PM
Yes, my husband and I
:( :cryin: [/b][/quote]
I thought exactly the same thing...

*Genie* 06-17-2005 02:25 PM

Hi gonzo,

Thanks for your message. I definitely agree with you. :-) I would NOT suggest anyone leaving the US simply to get away from 2257. As I just posted... I am Canadian and I want to go home. We are looking forward to going to BC for so many reasons. And I really miss my family and friends. I tried living here for almost 4 years and now I'm ready to go back. Actually we bought a property in BC before we even knew about the new 2257 regulations. We aren't jumping the border. lol I have no problem with 2257 to protect minors... but sadly I don't think that the gov't is doing this for that reason. I'm sure that most people would agree that record keeping isn't the problem... putting your name, address, phone number, and other personal information / identification and all that on a website - so anyone can see it.... Well that is plain scary and unnecessary. I am fairly sure that part of the Law will be shot down, but I don't need the aggrevation... especially if I don't have to deal with it. We just have a few small amateur sites that do not have any content violations -- fortunately the gov't isn't going to be looking for us. :-)

Take care, Genie xoxo

Newton 06-17-2005 07:06 PM

Welcome to Oprano Genie :okthumb:

I dont know of any Canadian hosting, but will keep my eyes and ears open for you.

The very best of luck with the move next week.

*Genie* 06-17-2005 11:41 PM

Hi Newton!

Thank you... It is nice to be here. :-)

The big move starts on Wednesday... it might
take a few days, but it is pretty scenic. The
difficult part is that I have 4 Yorkies (adults)
and 2 puppies. I'm hoping they travel well.

And then when we get there... I'll be off-line
for awhile - as the area doesn't have high
speed. So I guess I'm going satellite - I hope
it doesn't take too long to get set up... as I
also need the Net for my day job, as well as
my websites. It should be real interesting. :-)

Take care,
Genie xoxo

TheEnforcer 06-17-2005 11:45 PM

Good luck with your move dear. Hope it all goes well.

gonzo 06-18-2005 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by *Genie*@Jun 17 2005, 01:26 PM
Hi gonzo,

Thanks for your message. I definitely agree with you. :-) I would NOT suggest anyone leaving the US simply to get away from 2257. As I just posted... I am Canadian and I want to go home. We are looking forward to going to BC for so many reasons. And I really miss my family and friends. I tried living here for almost 4 years and now I'm ready to go back. Actually we bought a property in BC before we even knew about the new 2257 regulations. We aren't jumping the border. lol I have no problem with 2257 to protect minors... but sadly I don't think that the gov't is doing this for that reason. I'm sure that most people would agree that record keeping isn't the problem... putting your name, address, phone number, and other personal information / identification and all that on a website - so anyone can see it.... Well that is plain scary and unnecessary. I am fairly sure that part of the Law will be shot down, but I don't need the aggrevation... especially if I don't have to deal with it. We just have a few small amateur sites that do not have any content violations -- fortunately the gov't isn't going to be looking for us. :-)

Take care, Genie xoxo

Your welcome but its what the legal crowd said... not me. Just relaying information!

Sigurd 06-18-2005 09:38 AM

I've already show you all Canada hosting I know, Genie, at anither board, so I din't find anything new since that time. Looking for. I'm going to make a huge list of non-US hosting at my resource :)
Welcome to Oprano... :bdance:

*Genie* 06-18-2005 11:28 AM

Hello there everyone... thanks for the good wishes. :)

I am so excited about moving back, but there is so much still to do. So with that, I may not be on-line much between now and when we leave this week. After that I don't really know when I'll be back on-line. So please don't think that I've asked for help then simply disappeared. I will definitely be back on the board as soon as I can! :-)

Hi gonzo, Thank you -- I realize you are just passing on information. And I do appreciate it... I like people who are upfront about things. :-)

Hey Sigurd ~ Fancy meeting you here! hehe Thanks for your help. So far I have 3 or 4 companies that have gotten back to me about their Plans. Both Boards have been really helpful in helping me get in touch with reliable Adult hosting. It looks like I won't be able to do my server transfers until after my move... so I still have some time left.

Bye for now,
Love Genie xoxo

justb 06-20-2005 08:48 AM

We are affiliated with Netnation which is in Vancouver. Hit me up if you're interested and I can send one of our guys your way. :D