Oprano Adult Industry Forums

Oprano Adult Industry Forums (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php)
-   Legacy Archived Main Board (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What causes us to become...? (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=32502)

Diamond Jim 12-01-2003 02:48 PM

Is it the parents or other authority figures? The people you hang around? The TV programs you watch? A book you read?

How can 2 intelligent people look at the same circumstance and come to such divergent views on cause and effect? How do they see such different realities?

Blows me away...

KC 12-01-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diamond Jim@Dec 1 2003, 02:56 PM
Is it the parents or other authority figures? The people you hang around? The TV programs you watch? A book you read?

How can 2 intelligent people look at the same circumstance and come to such divergent views on cause and effect? How do they see such different realities?

Blows me away...

I think I'm more blown away than you. ;)

dantheman 12-01-2003 02:58 PM

I just wish I could get blown :yowsa:

[Labret] 12-01-2003 03:00 PM

Lack of education.

Show me a university that is considered a bastion of conservatism.

KC 12-01-2003 03:01 PM

In this situation, it's possible that we have a different understanding of the facts.

I find it very hard to believe anyone in the Adult industry doesn't understand the importance of fighting to defend the Constitution even in cases like this.

Think of the Church ladies sitting on the Jury of one of Larry Flynt's Freedom of Speech cases. She might not be a Hustler reader, but her right to practice a religion freely is the very Amendment that allows Larry Flynt to publish his magazine.

[Labret] 12-01-2003 03:02 PM

The very definition of conservative implies it.

Quote:

Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.

Who needs an education when all you need to do is maintain the status quo? Just follow along like a good ignorant sheep and you will be considered a good conservative.

Last edited by [Labret] at Dec 1 2003, 12:10 PM

Winetalk.com 12-01-2003 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 03:08 PM
Lack of education.

http://mirrors.korpios.org/resurgent/L-thinktank.htm

Case and Point

FATPad 12-01-2003 03:03 PM

Are we talking socially or fiscally?

Because I know a lot of people who consider themselves social liberals and financial conservatives.

Carrie 12-01-2003 03:04 PM

Quote:

Lack of education.

Done.

http://www.Hillsdale.edu

Vick 12-01-2003 03:05 PM

Quote:

Lack of education.

http://www.edunetwork.com/student/PROF0179.HTM :P

[Labret] 12-01-2003 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Carrie+Dec 1 2003, 12:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Carrie @ Dec 1 2003, 12:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--[Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 03:08 PM
Lack of education.

Done.

http://www.Hillsdale.edu[/b][/quote]

yay, a small Christian University. I rest my case.

Creationism, enough said.

Vick 12-01-2003 03:10 PM

Damn - call and respond

Beyond that very good question DJ -

are we back to nature or nurture - implying views could be hardwired

Is it experiences, it is what we learn, what we see, additional exposures, influnces?

Winners write the History Books

How different would World History be written if the Axis won WWII?

KRL 12-01-2003 03:10 PM

People are a little bit of everything more than ever. Hard to find as many total conservatives or total liberals like in the old days.

Vick 12-01-2003 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FATPad@Dec 1 2003, 03:11 PM

Because I know a lot of people who consider themselves social liberals and financial conservatives.

That's me :awinky:

Diamond Jim 12-01-2003 03:12 PM

Quote:

Lack of education.

Universites themselves have a vested interest in liberal idelogy and benefit from it....the tenure system alone is proof of how liberal ideolgy permeates. Merit? Who needs it?

Clearly, there are intelligent people on both sides of liberalism and conservatism. I find the need or desire to label the opponent as "stupid" or "uneducated" a convenient crutch in a real debate. I found it particularly amusing watching Labret and Vick call each other stupid, when the opposite is obvious. Opposing viewpoints, certainly....uneducated or dumb.....no.

[Labret] 12-01-2003 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vick+Dec 1 2003, 12:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Dec 1 2003, 12:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--[Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 03:08 PM
Lack of education.

http://www.edunetwork.com/student/PROF0179.HTM :P[/b][/quote]

Student profile? I could write a profile that said my U was a hotbed of nigger lovers and homos. And to some it probably is.

Puhlease.

Anywho, there is a reason that universities are considered "hotbeds of liberalism". There are no major universities that crank out masses of conservatives. Why? Conservatives loathe education.

An education will require you to ask questions. Questions lead to free thinking. Free thinking bad.

Diamond Jim 12-01-2003 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FATPad@Dec 1 2003, 03:11 PM

I'm talking more of how someone arrives at a particular conclusion that ends up manifesting itself into an ideology....

So, not so much how someone becomes a Liberal or a Conservative....but how someone arrives at the conclusions that end up pointing them in that direction...

A subtle point, I suppose. I like to make the distinction because of the question you raise. One can be socially "liberal" yet fiscally "conservative"...
So for EACH question inside the ideology....how do equally intelligent people come to a different conclusion?

Winetalk.com 12-01-2003 03:23 PM

we don't need no education,
we don't need no thought control,
dark sarcasm in the classroom,
teacher leave us kids alone...
;-)))

Vick 12-01-2003 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diamond Jim@Dec 1 2003, 03:29 PM
I'm talking more of how someone arrives at a particular conclusion that ends up manifesting itself into an ideology....

So, not so much how someone becomes a Liberal or a Conservative....but how someone arrives at the conclusions that end up pointing them in that direction...

A subtle point, I suppose. I like to make the distinction because of the question you raise. One can be socially "liberal" yet fiscally "conservative"...
So for EACH question inside the ideology....how do equally intelligent people come to a different conclusion?

Bottom line - what benefits me the most

That's just from my perspective

p.s. :P usually denotes sarcasm or HA HA

Peaches 12-01-2003 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diamond Jim@Dec 1 2003, 03:56 PM

Blows me away...

It's a combination of people you're around, books/magazines/newspapers that you've read, TV/Movies that you've watched and most of all, experience. Two intelligent people can read/watch/experience completely different events.

Except for PD :awinky:, liberals tend to be young. As they age and get more life experience, many become more conservative. I've watched it happen with myself and each of my 4 siblings, including their spouses. I've rarely seen anyone go from being conservative to being a liberal. I'm sure it exists, but it nothing I've personally witnessed.

FATPad 12-01-2003 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diamond Jim+Dec 1 2003, 12:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Diamond Jim @ Dec 1 2003, 12:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--FATPad@Dec 1 2003, 03:11 PM

So for EACH question inside the ideology....how do equally intelligent people come to a different conclusion?[/b][/quote]
Only reason I ask is because I came at the two conclusions seperately.

The social liberal was all a thinking process for me.

The financial conservative was a combination of how I think things work and two seperate incidents which shoved welfare fraud down my throat.

[Labret] 12-01-2003 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 1 2003, 12:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 1 2003, 12:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--[Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 03:08 PM
Lack of education.

Case and Point[/b][/quote]

Good article, I printed that shit out.

"Fact: Conservative think tanks lack the checks and balances of academia, and produce crank science. "

ahahah

Buff 12-01-2003 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diamond Jim@Dec 1 2003, 01:56 PM

Blows me away...

I guess for me, it's a matter of wanting other to treat me as an adult capable of making my own decisions and accepting the consequences thereof with forcing others at gunpoint to subsidize my life or absorb the consequences of my actions in my stead.

That's why I'm Libertarian.

Winetalk.com 12-01-2003 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Labret]+Dec 1 2003, 03:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Labret] @ Dec 1 2003, 03:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Dec 1 2003, 12:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--[Labret]
Quote:

@Dec 1 2003, 03:08 PM
Lack of education.

Case and Point

Good article, I printed that shit out.

"Fact: Conservative think tanks lack the checks and balances of academia, and produce crank science. "

ahahah[/b][/quote]
ahhh..how did I get from
"Educating Rita" to
"Educating Labret"
beats the shit out of me
;-))))

[Labret] 12-01-2003 03:36 PM

Quote:

ahhh..how did I get from
"Educating Rita" to
"Educating Labret"
beats the shit out of me
;-))))

Educated me? you proved my point with that article. Did you even read it or did you just look for keywords?

Quote:

Argument

By and large, academia tends to be liberal. There are conservative professors, to be sure, but they are usually moderate, and in the minority. But what of the far right? For many decades now, the far right has been gradually disappearing from American universities (with a few notable exceptions, like the computer science department). The steadily growing influence of liberalism in academia has alarmed many on the far right, because without a source of ideas and theories, the influence of their political movement will crumble.

Education as a cure for the disease of conservatism.

Last edited by [Labret] at Dec 1 2003, 12:48 PM

Buff 12-01-2003 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 02:08 PM
Lack of education.

George Mason

Buff 12-01-2003 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Labret]+Dec 1 2003, 02:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Labret] @ Dec 1 2003, 02:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by -Vick@Dec 1 2003, 12:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--[Labret]
Quote:

@Dec 1 2003, 03:08 PM
Lack of education.

http://www.edunetwork.com/student/PROF0179.HTM :P

Student profile? I could write a profile that said my U was a hotbed of nigger lovers and homos. And to some it probably is.

Puhlease.

Anywho, there is a reason that universities are considered "hotbeds of liberalism". There are no major universities that crank out masses of conservatives. Why? Conservatives loathe education.

An education will require you to ask questions. Questions lead to free thinking. Free thinking bad.[/b][/quote]
The truth is exactly the opposite of your claim:

There is NO education in universities. The default position for an uneducated person is leftist. "Why doesn't the government just print the money to cover the debt?" "Why don't we set the minimum wage at $1000/hr so everyone can be rich?" etc.

It's not until a person understands basic economics that he can be on the right side of the issues.

Business schools = conservative and libertarian.

Sociology = leftist.

Glad to see you've aligned yourself with the morons.

Vick 12-01-2003 03:40 PM

Couldn't resist going off track

http://www.yaleherald.com/article.php?Article=2340

FATPad - very good points and very similar here again with what is best for me

Serge - :blink: ugh he he he

edit for sp error

Last edited by Vick at Dec 1 2003, 03:49 PM

TheEnforcer 12-01-2003 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diamond Jim@Dec 1 2003, 02:56 PM

Blows me away...

All of that and more. Whether it be religion, politics, morals, all of a persons life experiences come together to make who and what they are. It isn't just one thing as, for example, I'm the only one in my family who doesn't believe in God.

Winetalk.com 12-01-2003 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 03:44 PM
Quote:

ahhh..how did I get from
"Educating Rita" to
"Educating Labret"
beats the shit out of me
;-))))

Educated me? you proved my point with that article. Did you even read it or did you just look for keywords?

Quote:

Argument

By and large, academia tends to be liberal. There are conservative professors, to be sure, but they are usually moderate, and in the minority. But what of the far right? For many decades now, the far right has been gradually disappearing from American universities (with a few notable exceptions, like the computer science department). The steadily growing influence of liberalism in academia has alarmed many on the far right, because without a source of ideas and theories, the influence of their political movement will crumble.

Education as a cure for the disease of conservatism.

and what did exactly give you an idea I was arguing with you???

I just gave you the ammunition to be more argumentative
;-))

do you really expect to be whacked on the head every time you post on Oprano?

I told you long ago,
therer are a few things I agree with you and you'll never guess which ones
;-))

that happened to be one of them
;_)))

[Labret] 12-01-2003 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Buff@Dec 1 2003, 12:48 PM

Quote:

The default position for an uneducated person is leftist.

So the trailer parks and truck stops of America are stomping grounds for lefties?

Quote:

Why doesn't the government just print the money to cover the debt?" "Why don't we set the minimum wage at $1000/hr so everyone can be rich?" etc.

I have never heard anyone make that argument. Source?

Quote:

Sociology = leftist.

That is one of the strangest arguments I have ever seen.

Business schools are tech schools. I suspect there is not a good deal of social sciences, art, or lit classes at "business school".

Why would a business school not crank out neocons? They are not being educated, they are not taught critical thinking skills, they are taught to crunch numbers, not debate social theory.

I am arguing with a guy who pays hookers to blow him on camera.

Diamond Jim 12-01-2003 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peaches@Dec 1 2003, 03:34 PM
Except for PD :awinky:, liberals tend to be young. As they age and get more life experience, many become more conservative. I've watched it happen with myself and each of my 4 siblings, including their spouses. I've rarely seen anyone go from being conservative to being a liberal. I'm sure it exists, but it nothing I've personally witnessed.
See, I am the opposite, Peaches. Not in belief structure, but in the practical applications. I have had to modify my philosophy to be realistic, rather than ideal.

Take a subset of Buff's point...

Philosophically, I am opposed to the notion of welfare in ANY form. You can't hold a job, earn a living, whatever.....too fucking bad. Starve. I fail to see why MY money is confiscated to pay for someone else's life. I don't recognize the morals that say I owe something to someone I've never met and will never know. However, the philosophical ideal of that is different than the practical reality of dealing with the entity who won't earn his way. He's here, so what we do with him?

I can agree with some liberal mindsets that our best alternative is to do some of the things they do. What I can't agree with or fathom the conclusion some liberals come to, is the philosophy that we REALLY DO owe people we've never met, don't care about, have no relation to, etc....

Dealing with practical reality and BELIEVING in something are completely different things.

[Labret] 12-01-2003 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Dec 1 2003, 12:52 PM

I just gave you the ammunition to be more argumentative
;-))

Not required. It comes natural. :)

Winetalk.com 12-01-2003 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 03:56 PM

said the guy who sells animal sex on the Internet
;_)))

Buff 12-01-2003 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Labret]+Dec 1 2003, 02:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Labret] @ Dec 1 2003, 02:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Buff@Dec 1 2003, 12:48 PM

Quote:

The default position for an uneducated person is leftist.

So the trailer parks and truck stops of America are stomping grounds for lefties?

Quote:

Why doesn't the government just print the money to cover the debt?" "Why don't we set the minimum wage at $1000/hr so everyone can be rich?" etc.

Quote:

Sociology = leftist.

That is one of the strangest arguments I have ever seen.

Business schools are tech schools. I suspect there is not a good deal of social sciences, art, or lit classes at "business school".

Why would a business school not crank out neocons? They are not being educated, they are not taught critical thinking skills, they are taught to crunch numbers, not debate social theory.

I am arguing with a guy who pays hookers to blow him on camera.[/b][/quote]
I have never paid a hooker to do anything.

And Austrian Economic Theory has no number crunching whatsoever.

Maybe you should take some classes and get an education.

[Labret] 12-01-2003 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 1 2003, 12:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 1 2003, 12:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--[Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 03:56 PM

said the guy who sells animal sex on the Internet
;_)))[/b][/quote]

aahaaha

Sold, past tense. And I was more of a producer.

Anywho, I have to poop and then I am off for more liberal indoctrination.

Back in a couple hours.

FATPad 12-01-2003 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 12:56 PM
Quote:

You've never heard people clamor for minimum wage increases so the poor people can do better?

Buff 12-01-2003 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FATPad+Dec 1 2003, 03:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FATPad @ Dec 1 2003, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--[Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 12:56 PM
Quote:

You've never heard people clamor for minimum wage increases so the poor people can do better?[/b][/quote]
He has. He's just an idiot and can't put 2 and 2 together, because he's a sociology major.

Peaches 12-01-2003 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diamond Jim@Dec 1 2003, 04:56 PM
Philosophically, I am opposed to the notion of welfare in ANY form. You can't hold a job, earn a living, whatever.....too fucking bad. Starve. I fail to see why MY money is confiscated to pay for someone else's life. I don't recognize the morals that say I owe something to someone I've never met and will never know. However, the philosophical ideal of that is different than the practical reality of dealing with the entity who won't earn his way. He's here, so what we do with him?

I can agree with some liberal mindsets that our best alternative is to do some of the things they do. What I can't agree with or fathom the conclusion some liberals come to, is the philosophy that we REALLY DO owe people we've never met, don't care about, have no relation to, etc....

Dealing with practical reality and BELIEVING in something are completely different things.

Perhaps there's a shared blur in SOME instances between the "conservative" way of thinking and the "liberal" way of thinking. :)

Peaches 12-01-2003 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FATPad+Dec 1 2003, 05:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FATPad @ Dec 1 2003, 05:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--[Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 12:56 PM
Quote:

You've never heard people clamor for minimum wage increases so the poor people can do better?[/b][/quote]
It's even worse than that. I do volunteer work for a consumer group in Atlanta and some of the crackpot ideas we get are bizarre.

Just some examples:

Everyone should be paid a fair living wage. If a man is married has 5 kids and is doing the exact same job as a single man, then the "family" man should make a lot more $$$ than the single man. After all, he needs it more.

All businesses should provide full healthcare insurance, cost free, to their employees. If you don't work, then of course the government should provide it.

No one in a business should make X% more than the lowest wage earner.

Workers with families should have more time off than those who are single.

And again - just a few examples and I talk to 10-20 of these people A WEEK. :zoinks:

FATPad 12-01-2003 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peaches+Dec 1 2003, 01:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Dec 1 2003, 01:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by -FATPad@Dec 1 2003, 05:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--[Labret]
Quote:

@Dec 1 2003, 12:56 PM
Quote:

You've never heard people clamor for minimum wage increases so the poor people can do better?

It's even worse than that. I do volunteer work for a consumer group in Atlanta and some of the crackpot ideas we get are bizarre.

Just some examples:

Everyone should be paid a fair living wage. If a man is married has 5 kids and is doing the exact same job as a single man, then the "family" man should make a lot more $$$ than the single man. After all, he needs it more.

All businesses should provide full healthcare insurance, cost free, to their employees. If you don't work, then of course the government should provide it.

And again - just a few examples and I talk to 10-20 of these people A WEEK. :zoinks:[/b][/quote]
The only one in there I agree with is the healthcare.

And I know it makes me a commy. ;) But I do think in the richest country in the world, people should be able to get reasonable quality healthcare at any time.

The rest of that stuff is retarded though. ;)

JR 12-01-2003 04:19 PM

as i have said a few times here, i think it is the difference in being left or right brain dominant. some people use both hemispheres equally.

how can two people look at the same issue and see totally different things?

how can two people look at this picture, see totally different things? because the evidence is there to show that both people can see two totally different things and be 100% correct

http://www.exploratorium.edu/xref/ex...young_girl.gif

Peaches 12-01-2003 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FATPad@Dec 1 2003, 05:21 PM

And I know it makes me a commy. ;) But I do think in the richest country in the world, people should be able to get reasonable quality healthcare at any time.

But why should someone else pay for it? :o Why should there be laws that say I have to pay for my employee's health insurance? And if I have to, then where are the laws that say my employees have to take care of their own health by not over eating, smoking, etc.?

Top notch healthcare is available to every citizen AND illegal alien in the US. There are laws which prevent ANYONE standing on US soil to be denied life saving medical treatment.

However, go to a public hospital some night and see the people sitting in the ER waiting room with minor problems. It will cost a minimum of $400 to the taxpayers when the patient could have gone to a clinic for $15. But the ER is free, so they go there. I have no pity for those people, sorry. :(

Diamond Jim 12-01-2003 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peaches@Dec 1 2003, 04:17 PM
Just some examples:

And again - just a few examples and I talk to 10-20 of these people A WEEK. :zoinks:

Exactly my point, Peaches...

These people BELIEVE in these thoughts....it is their philosophy of life....and it's not just some trailer-trash, welfare-skimming, peons....this thinking was born in academia, not the pub...

Read the "history" of the Twentieth Century Motor Company. It follows these "ideas" to their logical and inevitable conclusion. :wnw:

LadyLaw 12-01-2003 04:44 PM

IMHO, liberals tend to be better educated and have a better sense of all the wonderful possibilities "the government" could provide to the needy to make life better for everyone. A separate class of "liberals" are the uneducated poor who have a well-developed sense of entitlement to government assistance.

Conservatives tend to be more pragmatic. Their first question is usually, "How are we going to pay for it?". Conservatives generally believe a person's lot in life is determined by their own actions, and are unwilling to pay to subsidize personal choices that do not reflect their own work-ethic.

I agree with you Peaches that people tend to become more "pragmatic" as they get older.

FATPad 12-01-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peaches+Dec 1 2003, 01:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Dec 1 2003, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--FATPad@Dec 1 2003, 05:21 PM

But why should someone else pay for it? :o Why should there be laws that say I have to pay for my employee's health insurance? And if I have to, then where are the laws that say my employees have to take care of their own health by not over eating, smoking, etc.?

Top notch healthcare is available to every citizen AND illegal alien in the US. There are laws which prevent ANYONE standing on US soil to be denied life saving medical treatment.

However, go to a public hospital some night and see the people sitting in the ER waiting room with minor problems. It will cost a minimum of $400 to the taxpayers when the patient could have gone to a clinic for $15. But the ER is free, so they go there. I have no pity for those people, sorry. :([/b][/quote]
The only thing I will say is that having life saving treatment guaranteed for free is great, but sometimes the preventative stuff would save more money in the long run.

I know it would be abused, and I'm not totally certain I would actually support a national healthcare plan. It's just the one thing on your list I agreed with at all in any way. ;) Perhaps I should have said that initially instead of what I did.

Joe Sixpack 12-01-2003 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LadyLaw@Dec 1 2003, 01:52 PM
Conservatives tend to be more pragmatic. Their first question is usually, "How are we going to pay for it?".
This doesn't sound like George Bush to me. How much is he spending on this war again?

sperbonzo 12-01-2003 04:56 PM

I think you have the wrong labels here. You should be saying right wing or left wing or moderate, conservative/liberal are social perspectives only.

I'm right wing from having gone through some REALLY REALLY tough times and pulling myself out of it by my own hard work, and at the same time watching lazy suckers just lay around and suck off the system while complaining that they don't get enough help.

Joe Sixpack 12-01-2003 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Labret]@Dec 1 2003, 12:08 PM
Lack of education.

Not only that but how often do you hear of a right-wing artist?

Why aren't conservatives creative? And no, I'm not talking about creative accounting.

Last edited by Joe Sixpack at Dec 1 2003, 02:06 PM

LadyLaw 12-01-2003 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Sixpack+Dec 1 2003, 05:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe Sixpack @ Dec 1 2003, 05:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--LadyLaw@Dec 1 2003, 01:52 PM
Conservatives tend to be more pragmatic. Their first question is usually, "How are we going to pay for it?".
This doesn't sound like George Bush to me. How much is he spending on this war again?[/b][/quote]
Conservative politicians are generally willing to pay BIG bucks for what they consider legitimate functions of government....things like defense spending, military, and law enforcement.

In a reversal of the usual roles, it is now the liberals who ask, "How are we going to pay for this...."???