Oprano Adult Industry Forums

Oprano Adult Industry Forums (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php)
-   Legacy Archived Main Board (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Class Action Against Match.com (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=94775)

RawAlex 01-18-2011 10:49 AM

Class Action Against Match.com

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/ne...atchmaker.html

This sort of thing might start to play out the end of online dating sites, especially those who "stuff" their sites with fake profiles, don't reveal things like "last access date" or fake come on messages to get people to go from free member to paid member.

Friend Finder Network may find themselves once again unable to IPO.

DWB 01-18-2011 11:23 AM

Re: Class Action Against Match.com

Interesting.

One of my friends join AFF against my advice, and to my total surprise he is actually meeting girls and getting laid from girls he's meeting on there. He's a good looking white dude living in Atlanta, and has an endless supply of black women he's met there.

Go figure.

Toby 01-18-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RawAlex (Post 837899)
Friend Finder Network may find themselves once again unable to IPO.

Hmmm, I think I've seen this movie before. :rolleyes:

MikeSouth 01-18-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWB (Post 837900)
Interesting.

One of my friends join AFF against my advice, and to my total surprise he is actually meeting girls and getting laid from girls he's meeting on there. He's a good looking white dude living in Atlanta, and has an endless supply of black women he's met there.

Go figure.

IT ISNT ME I SWEAR...besides...he said good looking.....

DannyCox 01-18-2011 12:56 PM

AFF is still a very popular places for Swingers and people looking to meet them. I know MANY people who have hooked up on AFF and even three couples who have since married (one is now also divorced). The place is good to meet people for fun.

But, it's just so over-saturated that it's just not worth promoting anymore. EVERYONE knows AFF and most Swingers have been a member there at one time or another.

The cool thing about AFF is that they show that I have the absolute hottest, and loosest, women in the world living all around me! Every time I go to a site that is promoting them, I get one of those pop-ups that show me all the hotness. It was also quite cool when I was visiting out in Edmonton, and went on-line, and those same women were now living all around me in Edmonton! WOW! What a small world! Of course I know that AFF and all those other sites would never try to scam me with fake profiles. Even the ones that used Carol's pictures all those years ago ;)

gonzo 01-20-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSouth (Post 837902)
IT ISNT ME I SWEAR...besides...he said good looking.....

Maybe its Hardeman.

SteveHardeman 01-20-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo (Post 837920)
Maybe its Hardeman.

Notice no one thought it was you. :o

I actually join AFF once. About maybe 4 years ago. Sent out some emails, blah,blah,blah. Met a decent looking girl. She was pretty cool actually. She was in her mid-30's. Couple kids. Divorced. Said after years of trying to find "the one" she had come to the conclusion that guys just wanna have fun for awhile and that's that and she was cool with it so she'd have fun too.

I've never promoted dating but I would imagine it would be tough to make money on AFF as they're pretty much everywhere already. At least starting out new anyway. And last year sometime, didn't they make up some new rules taking away recurring income if you weren't still sending a certain amount of signups?

gonzo 01-20-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHardeman (Post 837923)
Notice no one thought it was you. :o

I actually join AFF once. About maybe 4 years ago. Sent out some emails, blah,blah,blah. Met a decent looking girl. She was pretty cool actually. She was in her mid-30's. Couple kids. Divorced. Said after years of trying to find "the one" she had come to the conclusion that guys just wanna have fun for awhile and that's that and she was cool with it so she'd have fun too.

I've never promoted dating but I would imagine it would be tough to make money on AFF as they're pretty much everywhere already. At least starting out new anyway. And last year sometime, didn't they make up some new rules taking away recurring income if you weren't still sending a certain amount of signups?

AFF wont let me join. The database burped