View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005   #19
MorganGrayson
None
$100 for every ImLive sign-up

Default Re: What are our "community standards"?

Well, XXXPhoto, I was referring to his thoughts, not his wardrobe choices. (What were you doing in his closet?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXPhoto
Ok... on the community standards question. There is no answer because community is an undefined, intentionally vague variable that can encompass the entire globe with equal ease as it does a single neighborhood block. It's dentured fangs in a toothless statute, continually gumming at unpopular speech; a grandma gnawing after a chocolate coated peanut.
I got quite distracted by your metaphors...and I thank you.

Yes, community is vague. "All adult webmasters" is too large a group. However, this is a *business* and all businesses should have some kind of standards that everyone is expected to abide by. We do not have a "law enforcement" equivelent, per se, but we do have the marvelous "word of mouth" for those that break the "rules." (See various threads on "don't steal things from people who have given you their trust" threads on what happens if you do.) Despite the uproar over what happened, I do know without even knowing who the individuals are or will be, the accused will continue doing business. He may be dented, he may even suffer great loss...but there are those out there aware of these threads muttering "so? It's a cut throat world and you take what you can get whatever you can get it."

Perhaps I should redefine "community" to "most webmasters."

I guess I'm also hoping that somebody, somewhere, will come up with something to post as a "standard."

I live in a beautiful little world and I dream a lot.
MorganGrayson is offline   Reply With Quote