View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009   #50
EmporerEJ
Brilliant Innoventionalist and writer.

Location: USA, Northern Hemisphere, Terra, 3rd of nine, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Far from Galactic Core
Default Re: Should Shellee Hale Be Protected Under Press Sheild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Did you read any of the posts on GFY by John from TMM when all this went down? TMM admitted that there had been a breach, that their own internal list of support access passwords to client installations had been compromised giving full admin access to the perpetrators.

NATS and other backend software doesn't capture and store credit card information, but they do maintain member email addresses and other non-financial data. Also, if you consider affiliates to be customers then all of their information was fully available as well, including SSN, mailing address etc.

Pretty tough to gloss all that over and come out looking good.
As I said, no, I wasn't really following it.
But if what you are saying is what I think I'm hearing, then it sounds like they don't have much of a case.

They did make a note of the costs involved in proving you are right......That sounded like an intentional story plant. note to the future reporters......if you write bad stuff about us, we'll sue you, right or wrong, and you'll go broke defending....so keep yer yap shut.

Maybe the reporter can get them with a slapp suit.

Eric J. White
VirtualSexMachine.com
EmporerEJ is offline   Reply With Quote