View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009   #37
RawAlex
Members
$100 for every ImLive sign-up

Default Re: Should Shellee Hale Be Protected Under Press Sheild?

Mediaguy, one of the real issues for TMM is that John gives the impression of a very agressive guy, and sometimes can strike some people as a bit of a loose cannon (I have heard worse expressions, but that is enough to make it clear).

Therefore, there is potential that something that John may have said to someone at some point might have been taken as a threat, even though that might not have been John's intention.

Like I said before, the shield law stuff is step one, then the rest of the case comes after. TMM has to win 2 in a row to have a hope, and even in getting the indentification of the "source", they may find themselves in a no win situation where one of John's off the cuff "moment of anger" comments was taken by someone in a way not intended, but in a manner that would still pass legal muster.

TMM's only win in this is to get past the shield law stuff and prove that Shellee had no source, and just made it up. But that might be pretty hard, as she could point to any random GFY board nick as the source, and that would likely be enough.

There is so few ways TMM can win here.
Let's go to the edge of disaster Push the pedal and go a little faster Let's slam into a wall at ramming speed Let's go to the edge of a mountain Jump off and lets start countin' Hit the ground and tell me if it bleeds
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote