View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005   #20
MorganGrayson
None
$100 for every ImLive sign-up

Default Re: Does loyalty count ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPapageorgio
Well...to me...that's what it really is all about. I trust one person in this world, my wife. I can be "trusting" of others, but from my experience, I have never been able to "trust" someone. Trust breeds loyalty. I am loyal to 3 people. My wife, my son and my daughter.

Ofcourse, my loyalty can always be purchased for a nominal fee, but as soon as you turn off the ATM i'll be seeking someone else to bestow my loyalty upon. That's just the way it works. No hard feelings. Nothing personal. Strictly business.
Thumbs up for great word usage and I'll give you points in a minute.
I like the distinction. "Trust" and being "trusting." My husband has my ultimate trust and ultimate loyalty. Any "business" I do all comes down to "how will this effect my husband?" I work so that my husband will get fewer creases in his forehead the 15th of the month when he sits down with the bills. The car needed to go to the car doctor, which caused a forehead crease momentarily...but the sponsor check that had arrived the day before took it away. I have great "loyalty" to this particular sponsor, because it increases the quality of my husband's life. But, let's be honest. They bought my loyalty. (They earned my trust, but that's another matter, having to do with the quality of their affiliate rep.)

So many people have used the phrase "nothing personal, just business" to justify their behavior that the phrase has become tainted to some. If you run it through a mental detox, it regains its true meaning. Business is a part of your life, not your entire life. Business is about professionalism.
MorganGrayson is offline   Reply With Quote