View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008   #17
Paul Markham
Members

Default Re: What Are you Top Concerns with Tube Sites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawAlex View Post
Well, Paul, at some point, when the AFFs and whatnot (still paying $950 a signup or whatever they will get to) run out of people to signup, or are not longer able to generate signups, the problem solves itself. Tube sites in particular as they are right now are incredibly sensitive to a loss of sales, because these guys are often taking in $x+25 dollars and day and paying out $X for hosting and such. When that number slips down $50 a day, suddenly they are paying out their pockets to run their sites, and then they die very quickly.

I have noticed a few real tube sites converting into fake tube sites pretty much directly. That means they look like tube sites, but they link to sponsor galleries or directly to sponsor sites. I have seen a few just hotlinking other tube site's content (and doing a bad job of it).

The economics of the deal keeps moving...
There comes a point when the people who will sign up have already signed up and no gain, the people who got conned won't sign up again and the people who will never sign up cost the Tubes too much money for them to keep giving away unlimited BW, then they limit the number of views and the surfer looking for something he likes gets blocked. Happens to me, LOL. Or as you say they just link straight to sponsors.

Well that's my hope anyway.
Paul Markham is offline   Reply With Quote