View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005   #16
sarettah
Stay Out Of The Box
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Default Re: Is Nagin an idiot ? Or just stupid ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winetalk.com
I posted it once on the wine board and I'll gladly do it again:

I enjoy tremendously the opinions of the people who had great expereince in:
running cities size of NOLA
dealing with natural disasters, evacuation plans, rebuilding cities
medical expertise

Please continue, as I know I'll learn more from the posters in this thread than from anybody else.

P.S. please include your qualifications for expert opinions rendered,
to give even MORE weight to your opinions.
Nagin has 3 years experience on me in running a city of any size. I put my qualifications out as a prior member of the military trained and with experience in disaster management, crisis control and crowd control. As far as my medical qualifications, I know how to give CPR which is probably a whole lot more than he does.

So his expert opinion is an opinion based on very limited experience in dealing with running a city (and from the number of folks in New Orleans govenrnment under investigation prior to Katrina it appears he wasn't doing a great job at it.) and pretty much zero experience in dealing with disaster management at any level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Nagin

Quote:
Before his election, Nagin was a member of the Republican Party and had little political experience; he was a vice president and general manager at Cox Communications, a cable communications company and subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Nagin did give contributions periodically to candidates, including President George W. Bush and former Republican U.S. Representative Billy Tauzin in 1999 and 2000, as well as to Democratic U.S. Senators John Breaux and J. Bennett Johnston earlier in the decade

Free Adult Webcams
sarettah is offline   Reply With Quote