View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006   #3
Dianna Vesta
Members

Default Re: arikaames.com down the shitter **singing another one bites the dust**

I've only had one cup of coffee so forgive me if I missed something.

Did she issue the court order and won or was this a case of obscenity?

Did anyone read the article in AVN from Clyde Dewitt?

Blow by Blow: Clyde DeWitt details the nightmare of defending a federal obscenity prosecution.

http://www.avnonline.com/index.php?Primary_Navigation=Editorial&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=253147

Obscenity is not new news and since inception of adult obscenity via community standards has been an issue. I don’t see the urgency now unless the political tempo has changed that much. Maybe the issue of this teen site tugged too close to home. Even I have a hard time with the teen stuff and I won’t promote it.

Still, it makes me wonder because I operate BDSM sites and although they are not my sole source of income, I enjoy running them but not enough to go to jail over.

We talked about this before… what if a US company host or operates their adult business in another country? Are they still subject to these laws? What about an offshore company, say Interclimax – where anyone in the US can access their sites and content. How is Polly Ann special agent going to get a court order to serve them?

I just never really understood all this. I try real hard but there seems to be too many “what if’s” and bullshit. Then again don’t ask me what I think of the fucking Bush administration.

Live radio and audio downloads have a definite place in marketing and promoting products. Not only will it capture new customers but it is an excellent way to promote new products to existing customers continuing to build good customer relationships. Click here for more info
Dianna Vesta is offline   Reply With Quote