View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010   #11
RawAlex
Members
$100 for every ImLive sign-up

Default Re: When will it be lights out for the paysite model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony404 View Post
I think the model wont die. Recurring model is all over the place gyms, cable, etc. I just think alot less will be doing it and aff payouts will have to be based in reality. When you look at adult it was a very small community for along time. I think its going to go back to that.
The only scary thing as people start to get desperate, they will start giving away the house in hopes for sale. That model doesnt work.
Ding! You hit it exactly. There are shifts, there are differences, but in the end, the recurring model is still a very strong concept.

However, it is clear - margins are smaller. I would prefer a 50% (or even 30%) cut of a small monthly amount if it was retaining more people.

I think the adult industry needs to work on cleaning up the credit card processing end of things, perhaps coming up with a some sort of framework to give users assurances that their card won't get slammed. Epoch or CCBill could really make a difference if they banned all forms of cross bill or pre-check cross sales, and worked harder to restrict card and user info to their hands only. It seems that too much information is being obtained by site owners who are able to just plug it into their next billing program and slam people's cards.
Let's go to the edge of disaster Push the pedal and go a little faster Let's slam into a wall at ramming speed Let's go to the edge of a mountain Jump off and lets start countin' Hit the ground and tell me if it bleeds
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote