View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010   #4
RawAlex
Members
$100 for every ImLive sign-up

Default Re: When will it be lights out for the paysite model?

More programs are (smartly) moving to revshare on fixed length memberships. Rather than risking it all on a fixed payout and hoping for retention, I am seeing more sites pushing longer memberships (usually 90 days) with a reasonable price tag.

I have seen a few programs try to operate PPV or VOD style deals, but I am not sure if it is really working for them.

Part of the issues these days may also revolve around the shift away from laptops and onto Ipad style devices. Bestbuy reported poor sales for November, in part because of the "freeze out" of laptop sales. The adult industry still tends to treat Ipad people as "mobile", but it isn't really the case. There is also the shift as a result from pure browsing and into App browsing, which tends to keep people from visiting outside of their original space. Plus of course, Apple doesn't like flash, which disqualifies many of those users from visiting tube sites, etc. It just discourages use.

It also causes issues for the live chat sites, many of which use flash video to show their product. Guess what? It's not working on the IPad.

I am seeing some encouraging signs though. Some programs are actively promoting new content, some that I haven't seen active in a while are back with new content, and the narrowing of the field tends to help.

Oh yeah, it appears that Niche Money died last night.
Let's go to the edge of disaster Push the pedal and go a little faster Let's slam into a wall at ramming speed Let's go to the edge of a mountain Jump off and lets start countin' Hit the ground and tell me if it bleeds
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote