Old 06-14-2006   #19
Rcourt64
Filling Bishop's Pond
Respin bullshit press Your Comments Are Welcomed

Default Re: I just made my lowest grade ever :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches
OK:

What's the code for a hurt passenger when a snowmobile hits a tree?

What's the code for an infected 3rd degree burn on 8 percent of the right arm caused by scalding water (actually 3 codes - one for the infection, one for the burn and one for the scalding water)?

What's the code for healthy baby delivered by cesarean at 32 weeks gestation when the mother has fibrous cysts (again, 3 codes)?

What the code for a driver who's hurt when he's in a car that gets hit by a train (2 codes)?

What's the code for a family history of diabetes?

What's the code for a couple who comes in for artifical insemination, then decides they don't want to do it?

And the codes are pulled out of a book that's about 2 inches thick and it's updated yearly. Apparently there are computer disks with the same info and I swear this is what the nurse teaching us said "Those disks are $300 and the book is $125 so we use the book.". OMG. Do they not realize they can save $175 in time the first freaking week??!! Even my Dr, who runs a pretty big practice in Alpharetta is just now computerizing all this.

I have discovered that pretty much the vast majority of the medical world is governed by Medicare. Now I know why my Dr. doesn't accept it.

Hmmm? where's the code for getting my peepee stuck in the jelly jar "AGAIN"
Rcourt64 is offline   Reply With Quote