View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005   #28
gonzo
Fat Fucking Nobody
Want to see your own Advertising Here!

Quote:
Originally posted by *Genie*@Jun 17 2005, 01:26 PM
Hi gonzo,

Thanks for your message. I definitely agree with you. :-) I would NOT suggest anyone leaving the US simply to get away from 2257. As I just posted... I am Canadian and I want to go home. We are looking forward to going to BC for so many reasons. And I really miss my family and friends. I tried living here for almost 4 years and now I'm ready to go back. Actually we bought a property in BC before we even knew about the new 2257 regulations. We aren't jumping the border. lol I have no problem with 2257 to protect minors... but sadly I don't think that the gov't is doing this for that reason. I'm sure that most people would agree that record keeping isn't the problem... putting your name, address, phone number, and other personal information / identification and all that on a website - so anyone can see it.... Well that is plain scary and unnecessary. I am fairly sure that part of the Law will be shot down, but I don't need the aggrevation... especially if I don't have to deal with it. We just have a few small amateur sites that do not have any content violations -- fortunately the gov't isn't going to be looking for us. :-)

Take care, Genie xoxo
Your welcome but its what the legal crowd said... not me. Just relaying information!
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote