Old 07-27-2004   #25
Weg Cory

Quote:
Originally posted by Vick@Jul 27 2004, 12:08 PM

Nick is on to what could be an excellent $$ maker

TGP's for mass traffic

and sell everything else under the sun
This has been thought of.

We (myself) are developing them merely for the traffic, without basing it on the premise that we will only make money from Hosted Galleries forever / in the future. Aggregation of traffic has long been a goal of mine, adult or not.

It simply takes to much work to build up your traffic to be narrow minded in your business philosophy. The way I see it, is traffic is the lowest common denominator with everything Internet based, no reason to limit yourself.

Thing is, the TGP market is not as diluted as everyone thinks. Most of the TGP's are almost solely based off of trade traffic, which amounts to skimming galleries at the end of the day. If you want to develop them for real converting consumers, you will need to break down the site for SE's. You will need to get involved with the right TGPs and get into the "network." Break away from trades. In the future, you will see less TGPs if you ask me. They will become too expensive for people to run, seeing that immediate returns will not be seen, they will have to chew up bandwidth charges for a good while. Take into account that people are making less money, and the equation balances out. My first TGP, main portal, costed a fortune, but the way the plan was laid out, we had to endure it.

We tackle a myriad of categories daily. Now, if you have quality traffic, you can likely push the envelope for more mainstream products. If you think creativily, TGPs might not be as inept a business as they have been made out to be. I have my ideas, I am just sitting back and hoping I am right. I suppose at the end of the day, we are all holding cards that we hope play out.

Sorry for the tangent Nick, I just had something to say. It is not the norm, I assure you.

Hope it works out.