View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003   #383
confucy
Members

I love weddings that take place outside under old oak trees with views. The problem is that you are open to the weather conditions. It started to rain at the wedding I attended, and I cringed when I saw the lace on the bottom of her gown dragging in the dirt. You will have the best of both worlds by creating an outdoor atmosphere indoors.

I have a childhood friend who loves Christmas. We both grew up in a small city in Indiana which was known as *Christmas City* because all the business owners and home owners really got into decorating during the holidays. My friend held her wedding in the middle of a light showstorm outside at the courthouse which her great grandfather and mine had built years ago. It was snowing enough that horsedrawn sleds were used to bring the guests to the ceremony which was held under white tents. The snow was coming down lightly, so the tents did not collapse. It seemed like the entire town showed up. It was the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen. Almost everything was white, including most of the flowers. She also used pale pink roses which looked perfect among all those white flowers. Animal activists wouldn't have approved of the white fur coats that the preacher and the wedding couple were wearing. One of the local stores furnished the coats. It was a fairyland.

"All I Ask" is my favorite song from the Phantom. Phantom of the Opera never dies. It is coming back to Los Angeles, but they haven't announced who will be the phantom.
confucy is offline   Reply With Quote