PDA

View Full Version : gofuckgfy - Firefox calls it an attack site

RawAlex
11-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Just a heads up for South and DWB - firefox blocks your site now, says it's an attack site.

MikeSouth
11-20-2010, 12:52 PM
thanks i got dwb on it

that thing has been a pain in the ass lately If its ok with dwb I may redirect it here or something

RawAlex
11-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Those chat board things are some of the biggest targets for spammers and scammers, pretty much every idiot on the planet is trying to find ways to hack them and use them to get paid for malware installs.

gonzo
11-20-2010, 03:20 PM
thanks i got dwb on it

that thing has been a pain in the ass lately If its ok with dwb I may redirect it here or something

Hit me up Mike. Ill help yall fix it up.
I just want an eye patch to go with my new pirate mug.

softball
11-20-2010, 06:42 PM
I posted on gfgfy what happened to us and how we fixed it.

sexydomains
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Ya whats up with that site? I just went there and when I click on a thread I am redirected to default.com or computer scan software ad?

DannyCox
11-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I get those idiots with their sig file links to malware sites about 50 times a day. For our main forum, I now only do admin activation. The Chinese, Russian, and Norwegian scammers are hitting it up about 200 times a day. I get maybe one actual registration out of 500 attempts lately.

LAJ
11-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Yup, getting a malware notification too :(

MikeSouth
11-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Im tired of fucking with it...its toast RIP GFGFY

softball
11-24-2010, 10:45 PM
I don't blame you....It was a great concept, though.

2muchmark2
11-27-2010, 03:19 AM
We setup vBulletin for a client about 4 months ago and he never bothered to pay any attention to it. Recently I checked it out and it had something like 100,000 posts in it, all spam.

The best thing to do is to take advantage of ALL of vbulletin's anti-spam features especially Captcha and email verification for new accounts. Turn off PM for new users too.

gonzo
11-27-2010, 04:04 AM
We setup vBulletin for a client about 4 months ago and he never bothered to pay any attention to it. Recently I checked it out and it had something like 100,000 posts in it, all spam.

The best thing to do is to take advantage of ALL of vbulletin's anti-spam features especially Captcha and email verification for new accounts. Turn off PM for new users too.

Too many people set these up without knowing how to manage them or how to utilize them.

RawAlex
11-27-2010, 09:29 AM

Mark, the market for captcha fillers is down to something like less than $1 US per thousand captchas. The spammers that pack a board full of spam aren't stopped by captcha. That only keeps the kiddies out.

Doing things like not permitting gmail / hotmail / yahoo mail email addresses, requiring confirmation before activating the account, and then requiring an admin to approve the account keeps them out entirely. It is more work, but it will keep the board clean.

MikeSouth
12-01-2010, 01:07 PM
well i wasnt suppossed to be doing the day to day admin anyway just host it. I run other forum sites and keep them spam free I just didnt have the time or desire to run that one too. It was a good idea at the time but honestly it had gotten to the point it wasnt really even being used.